“Mixed reviews!”

Hoar Cross Hall Spa Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hoar Cross
“Mixed reviews!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

My mum and I have been regular visitors to HCH for a number of years now and prior to our stay at the end of October I was very concerned with the reviews on trip advisor so I contacted the resort to address some of my concerns. The basic response was that due to the recession they have had to cut back on staff - is that an acceptable customer response for what is supposed to be a high quality spa resort? I didn't think so.
Prior to our arrival I asked twice about a room upgrade and noone got back to me. When I asked at reception I wish I had never bothered. Took 20 minutes to 'checkthe computer' before I gave up and told them to forget it.
We always seem to get lost on the way to HCH so I think there should be more signs put up in the local area. Regardless of what it says in the brochure, it is NOT well signposted!
Check in took 45 minutes which didn't give us much time at all before the first treatments. Waited a further 15 minutes at spa reception to check in only to be told they had no robes ready so could we come back. Not acceptable considering I had a treatment booked less than an hour later. Day changing rooms were not clean and dirty towels overflowing in basket.
No room in the coffee area, every single table had dirty cups on it with noone clearing up. Snooze lounge is terrible. For some reason the lovely comfy massage chairs have been replaced with very uncomfortable replacements. I really hope these are only a temporary measure! Treatments were ok but a couple of them started late and finished early.
Lunch was great, no complaints there.
At dinner we were sat in the 'overflow' area right outside the kitchen door which was really noisy so we asked to be moved which was not a problem. Dinner was very nice and service was great. Bedroom was lovely also which very nice decor and jacuzzi bath.
On the day of departure we came to shower in the departure changing rooms, no towels again so had to wait 20 minutes for that. Went to check out at reception at all the treatments on the bill had been duplicated. Took another 20 minutes for that to be resolved. I understand there is a new computer system being installed but this should have been checked prior to handing me the bill!
On a side note, as well as myself contacting the spa ahead of time, my mum also did and she spoke to the new general manager who assured us that he would make a point of coming to see us personally to discuss the concerns we raised. Needless to say we never saw or heard anything from him. Not even a note in the room or upon check-in/check-out.
I am really disapointed with HCH and I think next time I will be looking elsewhere.
I wonder if anyone from HCH will respond to this post as they only seem to be responding to the positives at the moment!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hoar Cross Hall S, Manager at Hoar Cross Hall Spa Hotel, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of your visit to Hoar Cross Hall Spa Resort. We apologise sincerely for the issues you experienced. Our goal with the recent changes including the new computer system is to enhance the experience of our guests and we are deeply sorry that this was not the case for you.

If you would like to hear from us directly with regards to your stay, please do not hesitate to email us on info@hoarcross.co.uk or call us 01283 575 671.

Hoar Cross Hall Spa Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (400)
Stafford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Just returned after my annual visit with friends, this was our 9th stay and just as enjoyable. We stayed for 2 nights, 3 days and felt fully relaxed upon departure. Things have changed at Hoar Cross as Mr Joynes son has taken over and after reading trip advisor was a bit wary. We needn't have worried we received excellent service throughout we had one slight problem but it was sorted quickly and efficiently.
The menu has become smaller but still with an excellent choice and the quality was fantastic. You certainly don't go hungry!
Had 3 treatments whilst there which were heavenly would highly recommend the Frangipani Wrap your skin feels wonderful afterwards. We will definitely go again.

Room Tip: Have stayed in many different rooms but all excellently clean and equipped, a room with a hot tub is...
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your recent review of Hoar Cross Hall Spa Resort. We are delighted you enjoyed your break with us and our team are always happy to hear our guests enjoyed the food, the service and the treatment experience.

We thank you for your continued loyalty to Hoar Cross with your annual visit and we look forward to welcoming you back again in 2013.

Worcester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have visited many spa resorts and this is my favourite by far.
A recent visit saw the changes in moving all treatments over to the Eden Day Spa but its still a great place to go to with no concerns about it being stuffy or pompous as the staff are very down to earth and friendly. Food is excellent, grounds are superb and the pool and spa area a real treat.
Its the best way to chill out and switch off from everything.
I have been visiting for over 20 years and we always go for our birthdays, my two daughters and I as our present to each other.
Cannot wait to go again December/January.

Room Tip: Each room is excellent and I have stayed in a fair few but I do like the older building with the hig...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review of Hoar Cross Hall Spa Resort. We take great pleasure in welcoming guests like you and your family back time and again and are honoured you choose to celebrate your special days with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Keep an eye on our website for new packages and offers including our new Celebration Day Spa Package launching in December and January.

Leicester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife stayed here for an evening with 3 friends and I tried a nod eventually gave up on trying to book a treatment for her,call number 1 at 6 o clock was told sorry cant book treatments now until tomorrow morning please call after 9.strange policy I thought but next morning call number 2 explained to receptionist wanted to surprise my wife with a treatment if there was availability on that morning and could she put me through,then the next lady who I was put through to said you can't book here you need reception if your wife stayed the night,well reception just put me through to you so I tried again.call number 3 explained yet again my wife had stayed wanted to book a treatment etc,etc surprise surprise this time I got I'll take your number and we will ring you back in 15 minutes,there was no call number 4.i would suggest the reception staff call ragdale hall and see how easy it is at all hours to book a treatment and how professional there staff are

Room Tip: Go to ragdale hall
1 Thank darren c
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback regarding your wife’s visit to Hoar Cross Hall Spa Resort. We were disappointed that you experienced frustration in trying to book a treatment and rest assured we are addressing the team who manage this to ensure the problem is rectified.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback.

Travelers are raving about these Hoar Cross hotels

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

we have just had a lovely stay at this hotel, we went for the sunday snooze offer just me and the hubby, we arrived sunday about 12 we were shown around and got our swimming costumes and trunks on and were given some lovely toweling robes and went for a chill, the pools steam rooms and chill out rooms are amazing, we then went for lunch in our robes which with it being a spa i was expecting a lettece leaf, far from it 3 course meal buffet style so could choose your own and the desserts were amazing. Two o clock and we went to see if our room was ready it was so we went to have a look still walking round in our robes, we opened the door and it was AMAZING we had up graded to a suite with private jacuzzi, as we walked in to our room there was the sitting room with setees and telly then up stairs was the bedroom, walk in wardrobes, dressing room bathroom with sunken jacuzzi bath,,another telly, then out on to the private veranda the lovely hot private jacuzzi. we went down to the spa to chill a little more then decided to go and unpack and chill in our room till tea time. the evening meal was again 3 courses and very nice, nice friendly staff and didnt have to wait long between courses, which was a bonus because we were aware the comments we had read previously read on here, we had a fantastic and AMAZING time at this hotel and would definetly go again and hopefully for the same room although next time maybe in summer because we had to sit in our jacuzzi with umberallas.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences of Hoar Cross Hall Spa Resort. We delighted your first visit with us was everything you expected and more. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon, rain or shine!

Derby
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

wow i really dont know where to start!! my mum has just got over breast cancer so decided to book us all a relaxating day for something to look forward too, well i can just say it was fantastic, much better than we ever thought, the place was amazing so relaxing, we arived at 9.30, i had my eyebrows done at 10, went and had a coffee and a wander around, i found the snooze room, wow!! i curled up on a bean bag, listened to the relaxing music and driffted away under the soothing dim lights, i then went and sat on the massarge chairs to wake me before my 2nd treatment, i ad a facial, which was fantastic, i was so relaxed i couldnt get up, the therapists were so proffessional amd friendly, my mum and sister both said the same, we all met and had lunch and that was sooo yummy!! three courses which were like 5* , the salad buffet had so much choice too!! after lunch we spent the afternoon in the pool area, making use of saunas, steam room, plunge pools, foot massages, salt water jets, all free too use as and when, the little cave in the pool is cool too, after that we got dressed and spent the last half hour back in the snooze rooms, we all felt so relaxed and truley pampered, well worth the money!!! i loved the way people just walk around in their robes and lounge about , their is relaxing music and comfy chairs every where, some of the rooms even smell like lavender, we all feel so great and cant get over how good our skin looks after the facials!!! overall this place is great, will make u feel like a celeb, the hall looks amazing just wish i had more time too spend here!! if i had one word of advise pre book treatments cuz i wud of prefered to do pool in the mornings and treatments afternoon but they get booked up so we just had to take what space was left!

Room Tip: pre book treatments!!!!!!! xx
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Hoar Cross Hall S, Manager at Hoar Cross Hall Spa Hotel, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your lovely review of Hoar Cross Hall Spa Resort. We are so happy that you chose us to spend this special time with your Mum and sister relaxing and enjoying everything the spa has to offer. Our treatment team will be delighted to know you found them friendly and professional, and our kitchen team are always happy to hear how much our guests love their food!

Thank you again for spending this special time with us and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back again very soon.

Manager
Tamworth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

Last visited here over 11 years ago and loved it then.

Was very very worried after reading reviews about Hoar Cross Hall but have just returned tonight after a two day break and have to say loved every single minute of it.

My friend and I did in all honesty say things had changed, no tour, no spa slippers given and my friend had been here a lot more over the last few years but nothing upset us at all.

We did ask about the meal times and reports we had seen on this site but signs were posted about a new computer system and everything went smoothly. All staff were very polite and helpful, there seemed to be a lot of new staff but again very friendly and helpful.

Spa treatments were faultless and had the best facial I had ever had.

All in all thank you to all at Hoar Cross Hall for a fantastic break and wil see you again asap.

Room Tip: We stopped in the Lady Panalope room, lovely room and view.
1 Thank TamworthTiger
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your recent experience at Hoar Cross Hall Spa Resort. We are delighted to welcome you back as a guest of the resort and happy to know that you found our staff polite and helpful, particularly those that are new to our team.

Our treatment team are always happy to hear how much our guests love their treatments and will be especially thrilled to know you had your best facial ever.

Thank you again for spending your spa break with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Manager
Three Horseshoes Country Inn & Spa
Weston Hall
Weston Hall
#1 of 11 in Stafford

Been to Hoar Cross Hall Spa Hotel? Share your experiences!