All reviews two nights train station carvery brewery loo taps
Selected filters
Reviewed October 6, 2018 via mobile

Stayed at the Grail Court Hotel for a 3 night stay in October 2018. Used it as a base for a motorcycling holiday, which gave us access to some great roads in the Dales and further afield in to Wales. Stayed at the hotel with a mate and had the room with the ensuite and twin beds. The hotel is centrally located in Burton upon Trent, with only a short walk to the centre for shops, pubs and restaurants. The hotel has a free car park which is in a courtyard behind the hotel and is fairly secure. We had a room on the first floor and I want to say now, I did not pay Hilton prices so I wasn't expecting a high end hotel room. The beds were comfortable with firmish mattresses. There is a wash basin in the room and a toilet and ensuite which is serviced by a macerator, this does make quite a bit of noise when either having a shower or flushing the toilet, it's not overly intruding though. I would class the decor as 'tired' and in need of some updating, little things like curtain hooks missing which would take all of 1 minute to replace. Overall the hotel is good value for money with a very good breakfast included in the price. As I said earlier, dont expect the Hilton and you'll be fine, if you pay poundshop prices, expect poundshop quality

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank L3861SLdavidm
Reviewed August 30, 2018 via mobile

I'm absolutely disgusted at the fraudulent nature at which this hotel operates!!! Stole from and used my credit card details without my permission.
Please avoid at all costs!!!

The rooms, general staff and breakfast staff are fine, but management are money hungry, incompetent thieves!

I booked a room for me and my son a few nights ago for a room advertised at £50 on booking.com for the two of us. Before booking I called the hotel and spoke to Jordan who advised I can book directly with the hotel too, he confirmed the same price as which advertised online i.e. £50 for me and my 10 year old with breakfast.

I arrived at the hotel yesterday and the receptionist explained that I was undercharged and when I explained the online and prices given by the hotel staff were £50 she authorised it and I made payment via card chip and pin, but she also took all my card details including security code.

Later that night she saw me at lobby and explained her manager has asked for an additional £10 for my son and I again explained both the website and rates that advertised show this and they still do online. Why would they change the price of stay mis stay???
Anyway I wouldn't authorise it and she said that's fine and the manager would speak to me the next morning after 9am.

I edited after breakfast until around 10:30 and no one arrived, I then checked out and I wasn't asked for anything, so continued on my day.

I've now received a call from my bank asking if I authorised a £10 payment last night (when the receptionist spoke to Mr) I did no.

They had actually used my card for an illegal and unauthorised transaction of £10. I've now disputed this and my bank will deal with it on my behalf.

I've even closer my card to stop the hotel using my card as their own personal cash cow card.

Please be weary of the way this hotel operates.

I've still not had any communication from management!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Talat Q
Reviewed June 7, 2018

first of all, rooms was dirty and smell like in old castles on 1800..... arrival day was okay and staff was friendly but after couples of hours i realized that You can not wait for a good attitude to yourself the room was on 3rd floor and go 3 floors down everytime you want to smoke is too uncomfortable, but administrator not allowed to smoke on the roof at emergency exit beside the room. our room havent reachin wifi and girl on reception told that problem will be fixed on monday when owner will come back.ok no problem. what do you think? Every day next 2 weeks we heard the same words that our problem is on progress...The staff were two-faced and lied too much. Some words about bar. They didnt know no one receipt of shots :) just clear drinks like 100ml vodka and etc.. price does not justify the quality. thank you for attention, be careful with hotel choose !

Room tip: 3rd floow rooms didnt reach the wifi
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Voyage779007
Reviewed June 5, 2018 via mobile

Having stayed here for one night I can honestly say it is a complete dump and I will never stay again ! , The bathroom wasn't clean with hairs over the toilet , the shower hadn't been cleaned and the sink with toothpaste from the previous people so I was unable to have a shower , the whole room felt dirty , the carpet needs a good clean as does the wood work door doesn't look to secure. Unable to comment about breakfast as I didn't stay long enough after the State of the room , even the car park made me worry leaving the car all night . Spend more stay somewhere else .

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank gordon8186
Reviewed May 11, 2018 via mobile

Booked last night with a member of staff on the phone who I asked for by name to do my booking as he is brilliant and makes sure my booking is as requested.

The new manager obviously thinks she can lie that my room wasn't available as last night it was, and was available on line also (prefer to book over the phone call me old fashioned)
Told me a new boy took my booking wrong - Lie
Asked of I'd like another night as obviously if I'm booking a room for a specific day then that means I want it that day.

The hotel has always been great for me but obviously this new manager is falling short on running the place correctly. Blaming staff for their own mistakes is not acceptable when your caught out

Date of stay: May 2018