“Good for families”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 27, 2013

This is our local Beefeater, we come here quite often. Took the kids tonight for an impromtu tea. Ben was our server this evening (we haven't been served by him before) - he was very attentive and friendly and looked after us very well! Thanks Ben! :) The food was fresh and hot! What more could you want for a quick tea out?!

Reviewed September 24, 2013

We were a wedding party of 40 guests and had confirmed this group would be staying earlier in the week. I can only comment on my table of 5 guests. We were seated comfortably but asked if we would like to order before everyone had seated we declined. Having accessed the self service area we were asking for butter, bread, plates ect. The restaurant manager that morning taking the orders felt it comfortable to sit at our table to take orders this was after we had to chase him up. Our food was late in arrival and I could see sat on the kitchen pass with no-one serving. My sisters table got served before us and had arrived 30mins after us. I complained mine was cold and immediatley it was changed for a lovely cooked breakfast. My 80yr + parent was not so patient and was quite dissagreable with the manger who refunded all of our breakfasts back. I have stayed in many premier inns linked to restaurants but this was the worst usually it is very good service. The premier inn was excellent.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Had breakfast at Beefeater whilst staying next door at Premier Inn.It was well cooked, service excellent and the restaurant was spotlessly clean, light and spacious.There were a number of families dining as under 16s eat free .....excellent value !!

Reviewed September 7, 2013

We were staying at the Premiere Inn next door and decided to try here for dinner, having had the Toby Carvery the previous evening. The food here is more expensive but was worth the extra money, in my opinion. There is a nice atmosphere and the staff were friendly. Good Veggie option for my husband; he chose a veggie quiche (more like a tortilla) which he assures me was well cooked and tasty.
I had a chicken breast burger, which was moist, well cooked and tasty, my brother-in-law had a steak which was cooked as he ordered and was a decent size, All portions were a decent size.
We also used this for breakfast the next day but did not feel this was good value. Arriving at 09.00 it seems most breakfast trade had been and gone and we felt a little awkward as we needded to wait to be seated due to staff laying the breakfast tbales for lunch already. The hopt food is cooked to order, rather than a buffet, and due to time constraints we had to opt for the cold breakfast instead. For the cost, I do not feel this was good value and would not use the resturant for breakfast. Others have suggested the Toby Carvery or Morrisons are a better and more cost effective option for the mornings.
Staff in the morning were not as customer focused as the evening staff.

Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

Given this place too many chances. Never again. Tasteless, insipid food does nothing to make the interior of this place any more attractive.