“Ok it's a Beefeater....”

Beefeater Burton on Trent
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I stayed for two nights at the adjacent Premier Inn and as I had no transport was obliged to eat there two evenings and two breakfasts. I have to say the front of house staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The first night ordered a rare 10 oz rump ....got a medium to well done steak. Staff took it away immediately....next steak was medium rare ....scream. Kept it with a complementary glass of wine. Staff very apologetic.
Breakfast ....they lost my order but hey it happens and very helpful waiter sorted it.
Other meals good if not outstanding but it is only a beefeater ....good value family restaurant, nothing fancy.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

First time in many years I have been to a Beefeater and this is classed as one of the new style Beefeater restaurants. Having booked a table for 4 I was disappointed to arrive at the agreed time and be told they had no reservation, however it was quite so we still managed to get a table.

As someone that needs gluten free options I had called in advance to make sure I could be catered for and was told to just ask for the allergen folder. Which I did and was provided with no problem. Each item on the menu has all the ingredients listed so you had to work out which dish you could have by taking out certain parts, but nothing I haven't done before.

The menu does say that a steak can take up to 40 minutes to be severed and I am not sure why it takes so long to be honest, the starters took a long time to arrive but I think this might be because we had ordered 3 steak dishes so they delayed bringing out the starters. The food was very nice and the steaks were cooked (for me) very well, although someone that ordered the steak rare said it was more medium.

All in all the staff and waiter was very friendly and the food was nice its just a shame it took so long for the food to be served with a starter and main course taking 2 and half hours in total but saying that for the money I would go again.

1  Thank Ianhrp
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Nice pub, and a good selection of food on the menu. The only down side was a poor level of service. We waited just over 30 minutes for our starters and nearly 40 minutes for our main meal. The pub was not even busy!

Reviewed April 19, 2013

This was our first visit here and we had a great time. The service was fabulous, our waitress was so helpful and cheerful which made the visit so enjoyable. The food was brilliant, really hot and very tasty. The only negative point is that our waitress is moving to another branch and will probably be gone before we visit again, which we will do for certain on our next trip up to Burton on Trent.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Managed to get the 3 course meal for £9.99 each in the evening, and kids eat free breakfast.

A nice new restaurant with great staff and good menu. its not like the old Beefeaters from the 80's, but a new fresh look and menu. Great value, and right next to the Premier Inn (20 seconds walk!)

1  Thank Steve H