“Clean, Warm and Comfy!”

The Three Queens Hotel and Lodge
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Burton upon Trent
Reviewed November 23, 2012

My family and I recently celebrated my husbands 30th birthday at The Grill Room @ Three Queens Hotel and my husband and I stayed overnight in a standard double room. The room was large, spotlessly clean, and the bathroom was also very clean and had a large mirror across 1 wall, a shaver plug and hair dryer. The towels were warm and soft and I enjoyed a hot shower at check in. ((but unfortunatly I couldnt get any hot water the following morning)) The bed was HUGE and so comfortable and the TV had a great variety of recent films for a one off nominal fee. There was use of a trouser press, iron and ironing board on request, ample wardrobe space and a dressing table with mirror. The staff were friendly and helpful and I enjoyed being showed to my room (up quite a few stairs) and to the resteraunt and breakfast room on arrival by a very pleasent lady. I had a newspaper left outside my room when I woke up the following morning, and orange juice delivered to my room at requested time. Breakfast was served in good time and it was delicious!!! Unlimited tea, coffee and juice and a good variety of dishes to choose from. I would stay here again. (even though i live about 10 mins up the road!)

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ells2388

Reviewed November 21, 2012

We came as a group of 4 friends on a Groupon deal and have to say we had a super time. We both had lovely en-suite double rooms, our own with a 4 poster bed. The staff were outstanding & exceptionally welcoming, Paul in particular in the restaurant was great fun and kept us entertained all evening! The food was excellent and (as Groupon customers) spectacularly good value for money. Little extras like coffee and newspapers delivered to your room in the morning were lovely touches and it would be true to say that you could have absolutely anything you wanted for breakfast - our own choice being full english and our friends continental. Plenty to do locally, our choice being The National Memorial Arboretum. Our friends have already re-booked for late December and I am sure we will return too.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Stayed here last week to visit national arboretum.What an excellent choice.From welcome to departure(all too short!) the hotel ticked all boxes what a guest should expect.
Room was perfect,clean and well stocked with little extras (built in ironing board,chocs,morning paper)
Breakfasts were almost worth the room rate alone. Fantastic omelette on second morning served by friendly and efficient staff.
WE WILL RETURN!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Other than having trouble finding the hotel, which was our fault, we enjoyed our night at Three Queens.
We had a suite, which was huge. It is spread over 2 floors, with bedroom and bathroom upstairs and living area downstairs. Room was clean and had everything we needed. It was very quiet, so we had a good night's sleep.
Had a drink in the bar before dinner which was enjoyable.
Ate in the restaurant for dinner. They were busy the night we were there, took a while to order and took a while to get our food. However the wait was worth it. Really good food and pretty good value for money.
Breakfast was good, freshly cooked, and was served quickly, which suited us as we needed to head off early.
Would recommend the Three Queens as a good hotel to stay at.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CoveCobra
Reviewed November 12, 2012

As a New Zealander I think the Three Queens Hotel is very English. Stayed here three times since 2010. Great English breakfast (kippers in butter!). This hotel has style; the Victoria Suite is fabulous.

Room Tip: The Victoria Suite is large and beautiful and very good value for the price.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Greg W
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Just got back from a Groupon weekend away with my friend. Everything about it was excellent. The staff were so friendly and happy to help whatever time of the day & evening. We loved the fact we were left a chocolate on our pillow each morning as well as the free hot drinks and choice of newspaper delivered to the door in the morning. In the deal, we received breakfast and a three course meal each evening which I have to say was fantastic both days. There was a great choice of food. The drinks we had in the evening to accompany our meals were well priced.
All in all, we had a really good weekend away and would definately go back again and recommend to friends and family:)
Sam Harris

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I was recommended this hotel as one of three options - I chose this one as it was closest to the venue I was holding an event at (The National Brewery Centre). It turned out to be a lovely choice. On first impressions and from the website, it looks as if the hotel perhaps needs a bit of TLC in terms of a refurb, but on the other hand, its appearance fdoes add to the character.

The lady on reception was very friendly as we entered and showed us to our rooms. I was in the Mary Suite; I had only booked a standard room, so that was a nice surprise. The room was again very lovely with a four poster bed, quite 'oldy-worldy' but nice and clean.

We booked a table in the restaurant that evening; it was very quiet but the waiters were very nice and helpful and the food was surprisingly much better than I had expected. I went for the steak.
It was only quite a brief business trip visit, but I would definitely stay here again if I was ever in the area, for business or pleasure!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business