“Some good, some not so good”

Holiday Inn Express Burton-upon-Trent
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Burton upon Trent
Ramsey,Isle of Man
“Some good, some not so good”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Staff excellent. Breakfast average. Bed-4'6" with quilt to match-can't remember when I last had to cling to the edge of a "double" bed.
Hotel well situated for M38, literally just around the corner.
Harvester & Toby Carvery and others within walking distance as is big Morrisons if you want to cater for yourself, although apart from the kettle & hair dryer there aren't any facilities in the room.
Can drive into malls (Coopers) in two minutes and to Derby in fifteen.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the motorway
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
hickorycleek, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Burton-upon-Trent, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear PCS37,

I was pleased to read that you found the staff to be excellant throughout your stay with us in December. The team do apprecaite receiving feedback.

I have passed your comments regarding the quilt size to my housekeeping manager to take up with our linen company.

Once again many thanks for taking the time to provide feedback.

Kind regards

Area General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

A typical Holiday Inn Express found with a little difficulty amidst a lorry park. Good stopover location, though the roar from the A roads that criss cross this part of the midlands is pretty constant.
Very polite and swift check in from a young employee who when I asked if there was room service said there wasn't but as they were not busy he was happy to bring my meal along to me. Employee of the month definitely. Good value steak dinner for £10 though the meat was a little tough. Two decent size beds had been pushed together creating a bed of considerable width. During the night it was necessary to get up and walk to the other side of the bed rather than rollover.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Timtee56,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us in December. I was pleased to read that you received excellant service from the team.

With regards to your comments about the lorry's we have written to the council to try and restrict them parking on the road to the hotel. It is not a lorry park however is being abused by the lorry drivers. We hope to have a positive outcome soon which will put a stop to this.

Many thanks again for your feedback.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 5, 2012

For directions use street name not postcode for some reason SATNAV could not locate postcode.Nice looking hotel with functional check in linked to bar , lounge area ,breakfast area and lift to rooms.Staff were pleasant and very efficient and offered choice of free newspaper for morning if required and informed us of breakfast times.On reaching room it was nice and warm as a key was also in room slot for light and heating .Breakfast on morning was all of a good quality but on second morning some items such as muffins were all gone as mummys little darlings were taking 3 at a time ! and we were informed that even though there was 1 hour to go there would be no further replenishment. Maybe Parents of small children need to exercise some control.Also noticed the entry doors to Hotel were often left open so whole area at Reception felt really cold at times .Overall a very pleasant stay and would recommend for a visit as nice area of the Midlands.We were attending Uttoxeter Racing which was an absolutely fantastic day all round and was only a short 20 mile drive.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear mitchell49,

I was pleased to read that you had a pleasant stay with us in November. We have since you stayed with us invested in a new heating system in the public areas which has vastly improved the comfort for guests.

Once again many thanks for taking the time to review your stay with us. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I stayed here during a business trip. Clean, spacious rooms with all basic facilities. The hotel is at a convenient distance from eating places (flaming grill pub and McD's) and a grocery store. The breakfast buffet was well laid out, and the staff was professional and courteous.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
hickorycleek, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Burton-upon-Trent, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear samid10,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.I am delighted that you were happy with your stay and found the staff to be helpful and courteous.

We do hope that you will stay with again on your next visit to the area. Once again many thanks for the feedback and i hope to be able to welcome you back to the Holiday Inn Express Burton upon Trent in the not too distant future.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Just checked out this morning and had an absolutly lovely stay! From making a reservation over the phone I knew I was goin to a good place. Very quick and efficant the staff really know what they are doing. I was checked in by Stephanie, she provided me with a quick check in and enough information I didn't need to ask any questions.
Room was lovely and the bed was really comfortable!
I had an evening meal and it was just ok! My 2nd night I went over to mcdonalds, there is also a morrisons and 3 pubs close by for meals.
I was checked out by Sarah who is lovely both staff were lovely! Thankyou for a lovely stay I was very impressed with your customer service!

Breakfast is very nice lovely bread to toast lots to choose from and amazing hot chocolate!

Will deffo return to this hotel next time I'm in the area!

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Georgiestar,

I would like to thank you for the positive feedback in your review following your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you had an excellant stay with us and were happy with the service provided.

I have fed back your very complimentary comments to both Sarah & Stephanie who were thrilled to have been recognised.

I do hope we are able to welcome you back to the Holiday Inn Express Burton upon Trent in the not too distant future.

Many thanks again.

Newark
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Eleven of us stayed here during a long-distance cycling trip and they were brilliant - storing the bikes overnight in their meeting room. All the staff were great, but the young lady on reception was exceptional and very helpful .... good staff make a good hotel and she epitomised the right standard. The rooms were clean, comfortable and with arguably the best spec of any budget hotel, the usual DIY breakfast was ample and with a good selection. My only criticism was beyond their control .... the local oiks parked up in the car park of the adjacent Corner House pub in the small hours and made alot of noise.

Room Tip: Not facing the Corner House pub car park
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear DrDarwin,

I was delighted to read from your review that you had an enjoyable stay with us recently. I was particularly pleased to read that our staff were very helpful in looking after your party and stored the bikes securely for you.

I have fed back your comments to the team who do enjoy receiving feedback from our guests. I do hope that the noise from the locals does not deter you from visiting us again. Thankfully issues such as you experienced are rare.

Once again many thanks for the feedback and i look forward to welcoming you and your party back to the Holiday Inn Express Burton upon Trent in the not too distant future.

Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We paid a very cheap price for this hotel so never know what to expect but it's perfect for the price range. It's very near the motorway so a little noise from traffic but the rooms are clean, staff friendly, shower works and bed comfy! Can't ask for much more given it's a real budget job!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Cmaxi84,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your stay with us in September. I was pleased to read that the hotel met all your expectations.

I was delighted that you found the rooms to be clean, staff friendly, shower works and bed comfy!

I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Many Thanks