“Very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Favourite Thai

Favourite Thai
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Dining on a budget, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: post code DE14 1HA phone no- 01283 536099
Derby, United Kingdom
“Very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

Have eaten here as a family. The food is very good, the prices reasonable and the staff very friendly. The owner is extremely funny and had us all in tears laughing! Good prompt service, decent portions and nice decor, would definitely recommend it!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank honestyisthebest_12

• Polish first
“Best food and service!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went there for the umpteenth time tonight as we just love it there and couldn't think of a more romantic place to go in Burton. The owner Chairad was most welcoming as usual. He greeted us by name, and welcomed us like long lost best friends. We were treated like we were the only people in the restaurant...like we were royalty... Our every wish and order was done in a jiffy.

When we ordered our meals, I asked for my starter a bit more spicy than the menu offered as I never had it before (Minced Chicken) and he was more than helpful bringing me a vinegar/fish sauce with chilli in it, on the side, that blew my socks off! I LOVED IT!!!! Chairad knows I love my food spicy and always makes my main more spicy and I was so grateful for the sauce. We decided to go all out as we're working for valentines day this year and had all three courses with a coffee at the end.

For my main I had my usual Thai Basil Leaves...with Duck for a change...and it was DELICIOUS!!!!! I absolutely love the food there and can't believe people who even think of slating the place! My cousin who has lived in Thailand for about 10 years now went with us last year and she too loved the food! I've never been to Baan Thai...but then again why would I when you get all you want, need and desire at Favourite Thai????

For desert I decided to try the Banana Fritter for a change as it was recommended by someone on Trip Advisor. I normally have the Banana Sprit (and no...this is how it's spelled) and to be honest, I couldn't decide which was better! They're both filled with taste and deliciousness! All that could be said about the deserts is... YUMMY!!!!!

We finished the evening with a liquor coffee for me and a Jasmine Tea for my husband as he doesn't drink coffee. And again, same as all the previous visits, and the same all through the night, we were served with a smile and a friendly chat. You just haven't experienced service like it! Trust me, you want to go there and try it!

Again, it was a wonderful romantic night for my husband and I with amazingly tasty, delicious, fandabydozy food and even better service!!!

Go there people!!!! You know you want to!!!! ;)

2 Thank TKru1984
Burton on Trent
“The best Thai restaurant, by far”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

My wife and I have just got in from one of our many visits to Favourite Thai. Chairad, the owner, is one of the most welcoming hosts, he ALWAYS makes you feel as if you are the only couple in the place. Nothing is too much hassle for him, he always makes my wife's meal hot enough for her, and puts some garlic on mine if I want it.
The food is of good value and is very authentic and flavoursome too.

We will be visiting again very soon.

Please PLEASE ignore Sweetness's view and pointless comments on here saying it isn't a TRUE authentic flavour and you should visit Baan Thai, I've visited Baan Thai twice and both times they over charged me!!!

My cousin from Thailand came over and when we took her to Favourite Thai she absolutely loved it.

No just worth a visit, if you're in Burton, IT'S A MUST!!!

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Lee B
Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
“Very nice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Having been to Thailand many times and experienced great food there from high class resturants to vendors on the street, its nice to come home and have good thai food locally. I think Favourite Thai is very good, the staff are very welcoming and the food is always very nice. I also like baan Thai. I can't pick who's best. They are both equally great. It's nice to flip from one to the other regularly.

1 Thank PatCoppo
“AMAZING!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Friendly service, nice setting and AMAZING food. One of the nicest meals I have had in a long time. Highly reccomended!

2 Thank Scottanthonystorey