“Cracking little pub”

Got a photo?
Add it.
The Alfred
Reviewed May 22, 2014

Very welcoming Burton Bridge pub, with a selection of their beers and guest beer. Clean and tidy, yet atmospheric - well worth a visit.

2  Thank Minipen

Reviewed April 10, 2014

Excellent beer, friendly helpful staff, a genuine warm welcome, great atmosphere. Just wonderful, everyhting a pub should be!

1  Thank smileypumpkin
Reviewed March 27, 2014

This has to be one of the best pubs in Burton on Trent! From the moment you walk in you’re made to feel extremely welcome. There's always something happening, whether it be a charity event, darts or poker night. The pub is immaculately clean with an abundance of flowers throughout. The beers not too bad either! Definitely my new local!!

1  Thank louise c
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We called into this pub and received such a warm welcome that we have returned again today!!! Everyone was having a laugh and the landlady although young was a total joy and made sure all her customers were happy.

1  Thank Diane M
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Me, my friend and our two 7 year pld boys Recently popped into this pub on the way home from a local football match.. As a real ale CAMRA member this pub looked just the sort of pub we would enjoy..
We all went in and I ordered two pints of beer for me and my friend. I asked our two boys if they wanted a drink and they said they didn't. We found a table and all sat around chatting. Without me or my friend noticing the two boys had got their own drinks out of their back packs and started drinking them.. Within seconds of this the landlord came flying over shouting at full volume at our two 7 year olds about the ' difficulties of running a pub without people bringing in their own drinks!!!! ' Our two boys were so frightened and upset... I could not believe what was happening. !! We were ordered to 'drink our drinks and clear off ' voices were raised as we tried to explain that surely it would have been better to quietly talk to me or my friend and ask the boys to put away their own drinks, which we would have happily done... This is unacceptable. It ruined our day out and terrorised our two boys. I feel so strongly about the whole experience that I find myself writing this review...

5  Thank N13LGP