“Took me back to the food of Thailand”
Review of Baan Thai

Baan Thai
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 2, 2013

We visited on a busy Saturday night. We only booked the table 20 minutes before going so we were a bit squashed in on the last table but it was enjoyable to be somewhere busy with atmosphere.

Things got off to a slow start when we were seated but presented with no menus. We gently reminded the staff that we were there and they were incredibly apologetic. From there on the service was perfect, the friendly treatment I came to love in Thailand.

The food was stunning. I'm not normally a fan of Thai food in the UK, it tends to play on western tastes rather than being authentic but this was perfect. I couldn't attempt to spell what I ate but my main was scallops and mussels in a very spicy sauce. It was marked as medium on the menu but I found it very hot so be warned!

Price wise, three starters, three mains, four large glasses of wine, one small glass and one coke, £67 - bargain!

Please give this restaurant a go, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

My wife, myself and her immediate family went here for my wife's birthday and we were extremely well looked after. Having lived in Asia and visited Thailand on many occasions we found the food at the Baan Thai to be just like being back in Thailand. We all had the mixed starters and I had my benchmark favourite dish of Pad Thai which was excellent, others had the jungle curry, green Thai curry, sea bass & a few other dishes. All were beautifully cooked and very fragrant. The staff had put up a birthday banner, balloon and even brought out a cake at the end. I am unsure why this is not the No.1 restaurant in Burton? but this is a place we will visit many times now we know how good it is.
If I had to be put on the spot with any minor criticism, the food (or plates) could have been slightly hotter, but I am struggling to find fault.
I thoroughly recommend anybody goes here for authentic Thai food and service
Kop khun Kap Baan Thai.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

the food was lovely, it was a really nice time.
I really enjoyed it- particularly liked the thai green curry

Reviewed February 3, 2013

They've come and they,ve gone and some remain still but the Baan Thai still remains the best as it has always been since it opened many years ago,
The ffod never fails to please and the service is excellent
Staff are friendly and attentive in the way only genuine thai folk can be
I love it here
I've even ordered takeaway once or twice and if you book a large party say a dozen people you can have several different set menu options to give a huge variety of food.
I haven't been for a while and now feel I need to go visit

1  Thank loobylindy
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Being so far away from the origin, Baan Thai's representation of Thai food deserves a big commendation. As soon as you enter, the typical smell & sight of Thailand brought back many sweet memories. We had the mixed platter of fish cakes, som tum, sate, prawn roll as appertizer which was excellent. Tom yum goong is excellent - very authentic indeed! Cannot be closer to Thailand. They even had imported Singha bottles (although bottled by nearby Molson Coors brewery) that was not having any sun struck flavour considering it travelled so far. Overall a big thumbs up. Food server should be more proactive in recommending Thai cuisine to poor English folks though as not many are as well travelled... Average per person was GBP18 for a total of 7 of us that included appertizers, one main course each and a few rounds of beers.

1  Thank Sweeteners