“Always a good meal”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My wife and use use the Kwei Ping regularly and the meals are always a good standard and good value. The service is good and the staff very pleasant

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Popped in on a Sunday and found they did a £9 buffet. Served from the kitchen so no sad stir fries in Bain-maries. Food was great and choice was good for a fixed price buffet. Service was fast and attentive and we were encouraged to try an extra starter and main so mot skimping. Left full and happy.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

We arrived without a booking on a hot Saturday lunchtime. There is a flight of stairs to climb to the first floor restaurant situated on one of the main shopping streets in Burton. The atmosphere was cool and calming. Some tables were set with cutlery and others with chopsticks, bowls and spoon . The cuisine is Cantonese - we chose from the summer lunch menu which offers excellent value at 3 courses plus drink for less than £10. There were 5 starters, 5 mains and 2 desserts to choose from (there is a larger menu also available). The food arrived very quickly, obviously freshly cooked from good quality ingredients. It was delicious and attractively presented. The staff were pleasant and we left feeling we had stumbled on a hidden gem. I would definitely recommend Kwei Ping and hope to visit again

Reviewed June 16, 2013

My son whose birthday it was had wanted to go to wing way but having read some reviews we decided not to go and booked kwei ping instead. We usually go to Wong kwei in ashby de la Zouch but decided on a change. The staff were lovely and friendly and made us feel very welcome. My husband and I had the mixed platter which was ok if a little greasy. My eldest had the won ton soup which he said was very good. My other son had won tons he also felt they were greasy. The boys had crispy duck as their main course and enjoyed it, my husband had duck in orange sauce and he said it was very good, I had chicken with cashew nuts. It was well cooked but bland. Although it was a nice place to visit I am not sure i would necessarily go again simply because ashby has a decent Chinese restaurant. The surroundings were good but the lighting was very bright so it lacked atmosphere and it was quite noisy. Overall it was reasonable not amazing but adequate.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

The food is fantastic and the service is great, i really dont know why they are not packed every night,the only draw back is for people with walking problems as there are so many steps but once you are up there the food is so worth it.