“An allround great dining experience.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pascal at The Old Vicarage

Pascal at The Old Vicarage
Cuisines: French, European, British
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Fine English cuisine with a French twist served in relaxed and comfortable surroundings.
themarle
“An allround great dining experience.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

Had a great meal here last night. In my opinion this restaurant is the best in Burton On Trent. I have tried all the so called fine dining experiences in Burton and The Old Vicarage is the only one to be able to say it offers the all round experience of fine dining. Food is well prepared and presented. Ingredients are fresh and locally sourced. Not too expensive. Staff are attentive and very polite without appearing over the top and false. Everything about this dining experience is genuinely provided to the customer to ensure a pleasant and very enjoyable evening. The environment has atmosphere too which adds to the overall charm of The Old Vicarage.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank themarle

• Polish first
Derby, United Kingdom
“pre christmas treat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

food and service always good, One moan, I hate the terrible peach polyester table linen, Pascal please ditch it soon.

Visited December 2012
“Excellent food in lovely surroundings”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

My husbands 65th birthday and our first visit. We went along with my son and his partner. The four of us enjoyed excellent food and wine in a very relaxed environment. Good service and a great menu. Thank you. We will be back. Great for special occasions.

Visited January 2013
Long Eaton, United Kingdom
“Nice food shame about the decor!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

This looked like my kind of place from the outside. Lovely old building, so I was thinking, this would be a nice romantic place to take my new girlfriend. Greeted at the door, which was nice. Inside, it was like stepping into your gran's front room. That old green patterned carpet (you know the one I mean), that kind of peachy-pink colored drapes and decor. Way too old-fashioned. The head waiter summed it up afterwards when he said they get coach parties on Sundays. It's not that clientele kind of place, the interior needs modernising or they will lose the clientele they're trying to attract. Food was pretty good, I had venison with haggis (nice idea), which was NICELY pink (unlike the decor). My eating companion had beef, also nice, although it's time places like this got away from the very English thing of a bowl of mixed veg. My banana parfait was passable, highlight of the meal was my friend's espresso creme brulee, which was truly lovely, genuinely one of the nicest desserts I've tried and I've eaten in some Michelin starred restaurants (thanks to the table of four gentlemen next to me for that reminder, and for keeping us unintentionally amused). We mentioned the decor afterwards to the head waiter and it went straight over his head. Would I go back? Not sure. I kind of go for the whole atmosphere rather than just the food and I was expecting a nice cosy little modern interior, not my gran's front room.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank cbmorgan365
“My favourite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

We have been going to Pascal's for many years now.
The place and food are unfailingly excellent and very good value considering the standard of the cuisine and the ambience of the whole place.
Pascal is a brilliant host and his staff help to make for a great gastronomic experience

1 Thank Thenewalpenator