“Beautiful beautiful food”
Review of 99 Station Street

99 Station Street
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: “Bang up to date with a stylish modern interior andfriendly welcome“ - Olive Magazine“Superior Address” – The Sunday Telegraph"Worthy ambassador for Staffordshire produce cooked with aplomb" - Good Food Guide 2011
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Ive noticed some pathetic critics on here just being picky and negative about pointless issues so I'm going to say it how it is! The place is quite small which is just how I like it as its less noise and service is better! Service was superb, attention to detail was a plus, and the food was fantastic. I'm not sure why people have criticised this place ? I can only think they are used to 2for10 bog standard pub food to be honest ? Anyhow, take my advice and book a table and see for yourselfs. I had the fish and pea mint purée as my starter, lamb for main and cheesecake for desert and it was fantastic and cooked to perfection .. Beautiful beautiful food and very well polite .. Shall most defiantly return as well as booking the place for my grandparents for Christmas treat.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Recently I purchased two groupon vouchers, I used the first one, no problem, the food was excellent although the waitress was a little dippy and completely forgot our port and my husband had ordered cheese and breads, when it came it was merely cheese and biscuits. On trying to use the second voucher I was told there was no availability, now surely 99 knows how many vouchers have been sold and to make tables available for these vouchers, to say that I am disappointed is an understatement!

5  Thank 504150Katie
Reviewed October 12, 2013

This restaurant best described as 'bijou'. It sits quietly in one of what is a main street in Burton on Trent but don't let that fool you. a very contemporary look greets you in shades of green and brown. The menu is not vast but certainly interesting. As a non meat eater but eats fish I was not disappointed. It was the Autumn deal which only cost £12 with a Groupon deal. My starter was an absolutely gorgeous bowl of butternut squash soup, rich in colour and delivered on taste too. Main course was a plate of small square pieces of salmon on a crème sauce with copious amounts of fresh beautifully cooked vegetables. After this I was so full but tried to eat a desert of steamed apple sponge and custard but failed, leaving some of it. This was accompanied by a small carafe of Chilean white wine which was chilled to perfection. Deal or no deal my partner and I will be returning very soon as there were so many things to try on this menu.
The service was excellent, the restaurant comfortable and the food hit the spot!!! I would recommend this eatery with no hesitation and let people know what you think?

1  Thank ken b
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

What a fantastic restaurant! Comfortable, welcoming and the food was amazing. Will definately return as soon as possible.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

We visited 99 Station Street for the first time last night (3rd October). I just do not understand why anyone could leave a negative review, but then some people just like to moan! The lighting was soft and created a pleasant atmosphere, and we were looked after by a helpful and friendly young woman from the moment we entered the restaurant. The food was freshly cooked, good quality, and beautifully presented. I had three courses from the Autumn Nights table d'hote menu at £21.95, whilst my Husband choose from the al la carte menu. My husband had a starter of sardines (very fresh) whilst I had homemade pate. I then had the grilled chicken (which consisted of two good sized pieces of chicken), my husband had the aged Rib eye steak which he said was cooked to perfection. These dishes were accompanied by a selection of fresh vegetables which were cooked properly but not overdone. The portion of vegetables for two was just the right size, as I cannot stand restaurants which provide over large portions which just go to waste. If you require extra vegetables you only have to ask! With drinks and a bottle of wine our bill came to £67.20 which I consider very reasonable for dinner, as we often go to a pub near Ashbourne which costs about the same for lunch. In our opinion 99 Station Street is a great find in Burton upon Trent. Tip - We found parking spaces in Moseley Street, which is next street on the left just past the restaurant.

1  Thank pipkin37