“70th b'day”
Review of 99 Station Street

99 Station Street
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: “Bang up to date with a stylish modern interior andfriendly welcome“ - Olive Magazine“Superior Address” – The Sunday Telegraph"Worthy ambassador for Staffordshire produce cooked with aplomb" - Good Food Guide 2011
Manchester, United Kingdom
“70th b'day”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

We have just eaten here tonight, a visit to the area for a 70th birthday. I really struggled to find anywhere near our hotel, but chose 99 Station St from recommendations here. There were 8 of us and all were very impressed, the staff even catered for a faddy eater amongst us! Everything was delivered together and was perfectly cooked. I really could not fault anything. Well done 99!

1 Thank Martin G

Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
“A Christmas dinner in March!”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Eating at 99 Station Street is always something to look forward to. The food is delicious and prepared with great skill and attention to detail making each dish a feast for the eyes as well as the taste buds. I last ate here on the 16th March when the team put on a spectacular 3 course Christmas lunch for 13 of us. They even managed to find crackers, candles and Christmas music to go with the exceptional prawns / goats cheese, turkey with all the trimmings and Christmas pudding with a sublime brandy sauce.

I have tried many of the starters, main courses and deserts from the menu and have never had anything that wasn’t both beautifully presented and absolutely delicious. A special mention must be made of the latest addition to the menu, the home cured corned beef starter is absolutely sensational, and the accompanying home-made piccalilli in a miniature kilner jar is superb. Highly recommended.

Looking forward to the 7 course taster menu this coming Friday.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Neil C
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Excellent food, self assured service.”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We ate here with friends who live in Burton and we were all amazed by this great little restaurant. The food is pricey, but then if it lives up to the price then I'm more than happy to pay. I took the plunge and ordered a £22 steak main. It was worth every penny. What really stood out though was the service; intelligent, self-assured and not a whiff of condescension - this is something I've only ever really experienced at The Ivy (which has good food but fabulous service). I've always found it odd that service this good seems so simple when you get it, yet it remains so rare. I hope it wasn't a one-off as I intend to return as soon as possible.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Liam L
“Good little restaurant - service could have been better and the lamb was a little tough.”
Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

Dined on a Saturday night. The ambience and layout of the restaurant is really very good. The restaurant was busy but not too noisy.

Food: starters were fabulous. I thought we were in for a gastronomic feast as a result but the lamb shank was a bit of a let down. In hindsight it is too early for spring lamb to be in season.

Service: staff were polite and welcoming but that was it. I didn't get a wow feeling or sense of high quality hospitality.

All in all an average to good meal but I wasnt bowled over enough to be rushing back for the price that we paid.

23 Thank FB1977
Leicester, United Kingdom
“JUST PERFECT”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

This was our first time to the restaurant and we can honestly say we will be returning,the place was full of people when we left so speaks for itself really.We had a couple of glasses of champangne and the bread to start which was very nice,then we had the oatcake for main which was fab,and the Halibut also very nice,served with perfectly cooked vegetables and a portion of chips (the best i have had in years) The wine we had was a bottle of English white wine from Kent we was blown away by the taste more like a perfect New Zealand sauvignon!!!! and the price was good too.And then we come to the bread and butter pudding which is my favourite and that was fab too.Great place,great service with a smile Burtons little treasure.

• Visited March 2013