Dovecliff Hall Hotel
$75
  • Breakfast included
The Grail Court Hotel(Burton upon Trent)
$63
Riverside Hotel(Branston)
$80
The Three Queens Hotel and Lodge(Burton upon Trent)(Great Value!)
$61
$48
$67
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Burton Upon Trent Central Hotel(Burton upon Trent)(Great Value!)
$43
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Travelodge Burton A38 Northbound(Barton under Needwood)(Great Value!)
$43
Travelodge
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsafternoon teathe riverdrawing roomsconeswedding breakfastbread and butter puddingcountry house hotelran like clockworkperfect wedding venuewedding receptionhospitality trayfrench windowsbride and groombridal suitedinner menunext morningevening meal
Reviewed January 25, 2013

We've been doing the rounds in Derby/Derbyshire to find a prospective wedding venue for my daughter's wedding in June 2014. We have been to several venues - some were awful, some like bunkers, some like normal conference venues, some luxuriously out of our budget! When we visited Dovecliff Hall this last weekend for their wedding fayre, we were stunned at the beauty of the place. The venue looks immaculate and the staff were so helpful. We sat around for ages discussing what the possibilities could be and ended up pencilling in a date there and then!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank PetePhillips
dovecliffhallhotel, Manager at Dovecliff Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

We are so happy to have been shortlisted for what is going to be your daughter’s biggest day. We pride ourselves on being a fantastic Wedding venue as well as a hotel and it makes it all worth while when we get fantastic feedback such as yours. If there is anything else we can be of assistance with please feel free to get in touch with the team.
We hope to see you all soon.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

The building is a beautiful georgean house set in lovely, peaceful surroundings. I was there for business and check in was ok although I was placed in a ground floor room which I had to walk outside to get to! As a female i would have felt much more secure in a second floor room and inside the main building. It seemed odd to me that the males in our party were given rooms inside the building and on the second floor! The room was quite large and clean although a little tired. However, I had to keep the curtains drawn all the time as I was on the ground floor and there were no blinds. When I returned at night I had to punch in a code to open the outside door to the block of rooms which was at the back of the hotel. This was really difficult and being on my own in the dark I felt quite insecure. The next morning there was no heating in the room and no hot water! I rang reception to inform them and was told that the boiler had broken and they would bring me a plug in heater! The room was freezing - it was one of the coldest nights of the year at -5 degrees! Breakfast was ok but the menu is very limited.

Room Tip: My room was on the ground floor and I had to keep the curtains closed all the time as there were no blinds, so I would ask for a second floor room in the main building, especially if you are a female travelling alone.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank DeloresLeicester

Thank you for you comments. I am really sorry that you were booked into one of our ground floor rooms over looking the river Dove but when we received the group booking we were only given surnames and unfortunately not whether the guests staying were male or female. We hope this will not deter you from returning to us in the future and if you call in advance I will ensure that you are given a room on the first floor over looking our spectacular gardens.
We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

We had our wedding here in September 2012. From the moment we walked in to view the venue on the first occasion, the staff at Dovecliffe Hall made us feel so welcome and it felt like they couldn't do enough for us. Stacey in particular was amazing and went that extra mile to make our day so perfect. She was always on hand if I had any queries and was a fantastic support in the build up to the big day. The venue itself is outstanding, the grounds are beautiful and gave us perfect pictures! The meal was incredible and everyone commented how nice it was. Stacey, Jason and all the staff at Dovecliffe treated us all like royalty on the day and nothing was too much trouble for them. The bedrooms are very nice and comfortable, the bridal suite in particular is very impressive. It was a shame we only stayed one night! The breakfast next morning was lovely and it was nice that it was just us and our guests having breakfast at the same time recollecting over the day before. I cannot compliment Dovecliffe enough and hope to go back on our anniversary! This really is a perfect venue.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We are so glad that you and all your family had such a great day and we were so happy to play a huge part in that. We look forward to welcoming you back on your anniversary.

J. Manton

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I used to dine here under previous owners and it was a class act.As I needed to stay in the area with my wife recently I decided to stay here and eat in the hotel restaurant.Now I hadn't been here for several years but driving up to the hotel all looked well and it is a truly striking building.Checking in was fine and as we had a dog we where given a ground floor room.The room was a little tired but all ok.We had booked dinner for 7.30 and arrived for a pre dinner drink a little before then.We were seated in a small side room with 10/15 other people and waited forever to get a drink.The fire was unlit(outside temperature below freezing) and atmosphere poor.Drink arrived but despite several requests no menus.Eventually moved to another bar by the conservatory and after further wait found some menus.The problem was soon obvious.2 staff covering bar and restaurant service for 40/50 people.Eventually sat down for dinner at 9pm and have to say food and service then ok.
We were somewhat disappointed that such a super place has detiorated so much over the years.The place is tired and has had no upgrading since the new owners came a few years ago.How you can run a place like this with such few staff is a mystery.If you get a cheap deal it is worth staying but perhaps eat somewhere else.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank AndrewS186346
dovecliffhallhotel, Manager at Dovecliff Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment on trip advisor. We do find customer feed back useful in our quest to improve standards and service. I apologies if the service was not to our usual high standard however 2 members of staff for the 23 guests that we served that night is normally enough but I will take your comments on board. Just like many small companies in this present economic climate we are only able to maintain and invest in things that are not always noticed by the general public but rest assure the owners have no intention of allowing the building to deteriorate. We hope you will not leave it for another 5 years before we see you again.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Attended a family wedding reception and stayed overnight with wedding party so we we had the place to ourselves. This is a lovely country house hotel and furnished in this syle, but its not too big , grand or corporate. Even in January the grounds were very pleasant and there are lovely communal sitting rooms to explore and enjoy.
Our room had french doors which led out to a small lawn with table and chairs and a view down to the river. Nice en suite facilies and ggod sized room with Tv and hospitality tray etc.
The only negatives - a slight drains smell in the bathroom, room too warm overnight, bigger cups needed on hospitality tray . I'm not sure how things would be under 'normal circumstances' but would definately like to visit again sometime.

Room Tip: Our room was located in a side extention which which was a bit of a trek through the main hotel up and down 3 sets of stairs or you can go out the main entrance and return back in through a side door. Guests with mobility problems may find this a problem.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank sarahmlee
dovecliffhallhotel, General Manager at Dovecliff Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Thank you for your comments. We had excellent feedback from everybody saying what a fantastic wedding day it was and what a magnificent day everybody had had. We do pride ourselves for the quality and service that we provide and it is great for the whole team when we are praised for something we are passionate about. My apologies for the drain smell we were only made aware of this from your comment and we have now rectified this. We do hope to see you again soon.