“Fine example of Chinese hospitality” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wing Wah

Wing Wah
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
“Fine example of Chinese hospitality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

Girlfriend and I popped in here on Thursday 16th September 2013 on spur of the moment. Got a two seat table at the back of the restaurant, staff were efficient, friendly (but not chatty-they are too busy) and had the buffet.
Food; great, large choice across the board, very hygienic facilities, lots for everyone so no pushing and shoving lol

Now, look......... all those people quibbling over £3.99 because a waitress made a mistake, or whinging because the chair was too close to the next one at your table.

It's a cafe with great tasting food at great prices.

If you're expecting The Ritz, then go there instead.

What you get here (and in most Chinese restaurants) is damn good food, efficiently cooked and served to high standards.

If anyone has been to Yohan Plaza in Hendon, London then you'll know what I mean.

Think 'posh MacDonalds' and that is the level of service you get but with fantastic food and a good atmosphere for your friends.

If you had a complaint about the things the manager is really concerned with such as hygiene or quality of food then he'd listen, bet on it, because that is what Chinese hospitality is based on.
Fast, quality food by efficient staff for a reasonable price.

What's the problem?

Wing Wah get my vote for the best chain of High Street eateries and I've been to many, up and down the UK, over the years.

Thanks Wing Wah, see you this weekend!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank BlueEdge

Swadlincote, England, United Kingdom
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

Took my parents for their wedding anniversary. Dad has limited mobility and uses a wheelchair. Hubby had requested a 'quieter' area but not too distant from a disabled toilet facility.

It was impossible to get in there with a wheelchair, so Dad had to walk. We were seated in a video games area; where folks had 'dumped' their kids with minimal supervision (it would be so easy for someone so inclined to take one away). To add to this, the table was right next to a 'clearing area' so there was constant noise and bustle behind - why not have an area sectioned off for this??!!

Waiting staff seem disinterested, bordering on rude - don't expect to order drinks after the first round (I thought this was how they made money but evidently not).

Yes it was close to the 'facilities' but on every other score, sorely lacking. The only good thing about the place is the food. 'Gratuity' .... I think not.

Parents visit the Nuneaton branch regularly with no complaints.

We won't be back.

1 Thank Sally C
Burton on Trent
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Greedy, Gluttonous pigs”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

Having just experienced Wing Wah for the first time in a while and last time ever, I was horrified by the amount of Greedy, Gluttonous pigs who were gorging at the food there. It seems that the worst of Burtons Chavs choose Wing Wah to fill up on the all you can eat buffets.

The food was average and what you would expect of a very high volume Chinese canteen. There was a distinct language barrier and that wasn't due to the Chinese staff as most of them seemed to be Polish. There was a serious lack of good manners from the staff and their attitude was abrupt, arrogant and bordering on rude.

I resisted the offer of a loyalty card and free scratch cads to win a free meal.

My advice, if you're not a Chav, go elsewhere.

1 Thank Richard P
Uttoxeter, United Kingdom
“Dont bother”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

Find a good local chinese restaurant and give them the custom instead. Has seriously gone downhill and any value for money is lost once you realise how poor the food is, It is now just a production line with the intent of making the most money possible. This is the worse review I have ever given anywhere.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
“DON'T BOTHER COMPLAINING AS IT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Went in at lunch after reserving a table at 12.30. Asked to sit in a booth but was told they were only for people who have reserved a table, I explained I had, but was then told sorry they had been taken. Discussing the kids eat free with the waitress as we were 1 adult 2 children, she explained 1 child would be free the other half price. So I said to her thats still a good deal and she agreed. Bill came and I was paying full price for a child, so I queried this with the same waitress. She said the price on the menu in front of me, which said a child was £3.99 was incorrect and that it was £7.99 and that half price was £3.99. I could not for the life of me figure this out so I asked to speak to the manager.I Explained all that had been said and was told that they have fixed prices and that what I had been told was incorrect. I explained that this was not my fault and what he was going to do about this. His response was we will speak to the waitress in question regards to this to make sure its not said again. I was fuming at this point, I told him how you can class yourself as a manager is beyond me, your customer service skills are appalling. I explained I had never had this kind of treatment before, if there is ever a business in the wrong, they have always done their best to rectify any given situation. But he was not even the slightest bit bothered or cared. I had to pay full price, despite it being THEIR error and so stuff wing wah ..I shall not be returning. How they have managed to keep going is beyond me!!!!