“Very good”
Review of Wing Wah

Wing Wah
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Stafford, United Kingdom
“Very good”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Have visited this restaurant many times, very good selection of food.dwell worth a visit,lunchtimes are better as evenings are very busy

Visited June 2013

Hanbury, United Kingdom
“great value”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

It's very good food, very quick and great for children with very warm and attentive staff. We are regular visitors and it is definitely our favourite place to go. The décor is also great and we have never been disappointed.

Visited June 2013
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Disappointed”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

After looking at the website I decided to try this restaurant as it was somewhere we hadn't been before. Don't get me wrong the food was lovely, we went on a Sunday Lunch time. The problem I have is that the website is very misleading.

At lunchtime there is no....

Open kitchen where you can see the Japanese Teppanyaki being cooked.
Congee and Noodle Bar
Cold Starters - such as prawn cocktail.
Chinese Dim Sum
Japanese Sushi Bar
Chocolate Fountain
Freshly prepared Crepes

The lunchtime menu is basically soups, dishes that you'd get from you local take-away, garlic bread with cheese for those who want it along with other none- chinese dishes!!!

Puddings available are nice and I can't deny there is a huge selection.

My point, website and menu inside the restaurant DO NOT state that lunch time menu is cheaper than the evening menu purely because half the foods listed are not available at lunchtime.

I would like to point out that I'd rather of paid the higher price at lunchtime and been able to sample everything the restaurant has to offer and not just half of it!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank biffa007
“A great spread of food but expensive in the evenings”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

This was our first visit in a while and only visited because the set menu wasn't valid on Saturdays at Frankie and Benny's, so a completely different style of food! It was jam packed and I was very surprised we got a table, but they had all rooms open to the right of the restaurant and we were sat in the furthest room where it was much more relaxed and cool.
The staff were all very welcoming and very polite, always making the visit worth while. When it gets busy it becomes difficult to navigate the food, when they had the boat in the centre it was much more organised, however the new arrangement is much more modern and classy.
As always the food it very well tasting and always piping hot. However I reckon they put something in it as I can never eat as much as I used to!
The crepes are worth having and always the chocolate fountain is brilliant.
I would recommend visiting here, but as it is so much cheaper at lunch time I would go then.

• Visited May 2013
“Too busy to be a relaxing meal”
Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

My family went to Wing Wah on a Saturday around 7 o'clock so as we expected it was busy. We'd per booked and were shown to the table promptly enough with drinks arriving shortly after. The problem was that we had to wait with the children whilst each other went up to get food and the queues were massive, no real organisation and quite off putting seeing people eating over the food whilst in the queue. The food was ok no real complaints but I've had far more choice elsewhere and with a better, more manageable layout. A small variety of sauces were out with no satay sauce available.
Overall it was ok, no major complaints but prefer other places so won't be going back.

• Visited May 2013