“nice food”
Review of Wing Wah

Wing Wah
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Swadlincote, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“nice food”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We like to go here after a day shopping as a treat with friends, me my boyfriend and my bestfriend, it's nice, it's good to have a variety, the drinks are decent sized and you fill up really quickly, there is something for everyone...unlesss you don't like chinese food...i normally just have starters and some noodles, but the brilliant thing is you can have as much as you want...the boyfriend has 3 plates generally...the waiters are fine, just don't stay too late, we went at lunch time and it got to 10 to 3 and they were going round telling people they shut at 3...clearly they wanted us to leave so we drank up and left but we were already on our way to that decision anyway as ee were done...its a good place to go for a cheap meal, the food is lovely, just remember it's not 5 star silver service

• Visited December 2012

London, United Kingdom
“AWFUL - Why try and fix something that isn't broken”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We have been going to Wing Wahs since 2006. Even when we relocated to Hertfordshire if we were passing we would call in. This was our first experience of Wing Wah's since it's refurb and what a disaster. I booked a table for a special occassion - a family reunion and asked for a table at the back, more personal. We were sat in the middle. We queued for 20 minutes to get our BOOKED table and drinks to 20 minutes to appear. There was no organisation to the buffet, with people pushing in front of kids. I had wait another 1/4 hour before any food was brought out ( this was at 1:30 ). The food was awful and I could not eat it. So I sat with the family not eating. When it came to the bill I had to have an argument over the bill as out of the 13 meals we had, I was unwilling to pay for one as I had not eaten. For the VERY rude supervisor to tell me I had as people had watched me! Funny how I was holding a baby the entire meal and have just got home for a Domino's.
I WILL NEVER RETURN TO WING WAHS, THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT AND I DIDNT EAT THE DISGUSTING FOOD! WOILD NEVER RECOMMEND WING WAHS NOW!

1 Thank charlysdevil1980
Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
“Lush food but cramped in and a rude waiter spoiled it!”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

My daughter decided she wanted to go to Wing Wah for her 13th Birthday meal with family. We booked 2 months prior to visiting as her birthday is christmas time and we knew it would probably get booked up for saturday nights. There was 18 of us in total and considering we had booked so far in advance we were given a table a considerably distance from the food area. This was slightly awkward as we had to assist grandparents with there plates as it was a bit of a trek from chosing food to the table. The tables were squashed in , our table was against a wall so if any of the diners wanted to get up everyone had to stand to let them out as it was tight against the wall. If you sat the otherside you were constantly knocked or knocking the diners behind and forever apologising and excusing ourselves to move.
The biggest disapointment however came at the end of the meal, when we had our bill we noticed we had been charged for a drink the waitress had spilled all over our table ( not her fault the tables that had been put together for us were odd and different heights and unfortunately it caught a gap ) however the 'gentleman' taking the money wanted us to point her out as he seemed not to believe us ( after a bill of over £200 do they really think we would try and con them out of a £3 pint?? ) But then after i questioned that my i thought my youngest daughter was free as they have a under 1.4's free policy and we had been charged. He looked her up and down clicked his fingers at her telling her to 'come here' and marched her over to the other side of the restaurant to stand against a measuring stick in front of staring diners to see if she was under the height! ( which she was as funny enough i am aware how tall my own daughter is! ) I must admit i stood there flabbagasted at this and it wasnt till she came running back to me horrified i realised what he had done! With no apology he changed the bill and gave it to me without a word.
I'm hoping this man was called in extra over christmas, if not he really needs to go on a customer service course and learn some manners while he is there too!
Such a shame as the food was lovely, such a wide choice there was something for everyone , i cant praise the food enough it really was delicious.
However greedy owners trying to squash in as many tables as possible lets down the dining experience and not forgetting the rude waiter!
Undecided as to whether we would return, kids love it here so maybe for a kids party but i wont be taking my grandparents here again.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank iamcarla
Derby, United Kingdom
“Wing Wah, Now and then!”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We have been going to Wing Wah Burton for eleven years.
We really liked the old sailing boat that was the servery before the modernisation. It was fantastic.
The current re fit is nice and modern, but as it is always busy when we book, we always seem to be seated in the side area, in front of huge TV screans, showing gaming loops, which are HORRIBLE!
The food is still as good as it was, but we do not like the servery layout very much.
Consequently we do not go as often as we did.

• Visited November 2012
Uttoxeter, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable meal out”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Wing wahs is a fun experience we went in a large group for a birthday.The food was fab red hot with a huge pudding range complete with a choc fountain.
Everything looked clean n tidy and the decor was modern and fresh.we went straight to our already booked table with no wait at all and after our kids finished they went over to play on a set of play stations while the adults relaxed

• Visited January 2013