All reviews the pub three horseshoes drink making facilities sunday dinner separate review lovely sunday the wi fi pudding superb food birthday party national memorial arboretum a great evening shower room next morning stayed one night bar area short break
Selected filters
Reviewed February 22, 2019 via mobile

Met friends here that live in the area. Great 2 course set meal. Portions not huge but considering it’s 2 courses these were perfectly sized for a lunch time meal. Several dishes in the group Gammon, chicken, mushroom burger, fish & chips & jacket potato were delicious. Starters were a little skimpy on the duck although this was addressed to our groups satisfaction.
Local ales on tap. Would highly recommend and if in the area will visit again. Prices reasonable for 2 course meal.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed February 20, 2019

We stayed one night, with evening meal and breakfast. The meals were excellent. The place is full of character, and very comfortable. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. Staff were very welcoming, and the proprietor was very knowledgeable on the local area, which for the purpose of our visit (family history research), that was an added bonus. Barton under Needwood is a very interesting place to stay, even for a short break

Reviewed February 17, 2019

Eight of us enjoyed the fixed price lunch at the Three Horseshoes yesterday. There were good choices in each of the 3 courses.The prawn cocktail was tasty & full of prawns.My main course of chicken breast with new potatoes,green beans & a sauce was delicious. The dessert I chose was griddled fresh fruits with mango sorbet-refreshing & different.
Everyone enjoyed their meals,including 2 children. The staff were pleasant & helpful. Thank you to everyone !!

1  Thank happyme17_13
Reviewed January 15, 2019

Needing somewhere local to stay for a couple of nights, this place came highly recommended. I was happy to agree, as the food was really good and all staff were friendly, well informed, had personality and showed care. The room (double) was nice, bed pretty creaky and could do with being replaced, but still reasonably comfy. Neat little en suite shower room with outstanding water pressure. Nicely decorated and furnished. The only thing that let it down was that a 'long term guest' ('2 years'?!!!) seems to work shifts or has insomnia, as I was awoken by them showering on my first night at 4am and the second night at 5.19am...the walls are paper thin and after the fan went off and banging about had subsided; the automatic landing light illuminated my entire room under the bedroom door! It was a pity, as I did really like staying here and still rate it highly, but perhaps they may need to ask the long term guest to be considerate of other guests :)

Room tip: Great stay, do expect to be woken up by neighbouring guests
Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed December 17, 2018

Stayed at The 3 Horseshoes this weekend, the room was clean and had drink making facilities which is always a must. Unfortunately I didn’t have the best nights sleep. I’m quite picky about the mattress I sleep on and found ours in Room 1 pretty uncomfortable. It seemed old and made a noise if you got anywhere near the edge so could do with replacing. (Please!!) The carpets need a good clean if not replaced as I think they have had there time. However, it was a friendly place and staff were great, a nice welcome. The chef greeted us in the morning and cooked us a lovely breakfast, so thank you to him. Overall, a nice place and wouldn’t hesitate to book again.

Date of stay: December 2018