“Excellent location, food and service”

The Waterfront Public House
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We live in Lincoln and have eaten at The Waterfront twice when visiting family in Burton-on-Trent. Based on those two visits I can thoroughly recommend the restaurant. The food and service both times were excellent. No, it's not the cheapest pub meal on the planet but is worth the extra. My partner uses a wheelchair and accessibility is very good, including the toilet.Staff were attentive but not pushy and even though the place was busy we were under no pressure to vacate our table. I always check the food hygiene ratings and The Waterfront has been awarded the maximum 5, so it gets a big tick there as well. We're planning another family lunch there in the near future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,017)

Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

We recently visited a few days before Christmas we have visited many times throughout the past two years and for some reason we feel that even though the food is great we have noticed that the food seems to be getting a little pricey for what you get so we have decided not to visit as much as we used to the girl that served us was great happy to help and had a nice chat to us while paying rather than just taking our money wich I think is great from a customer point of view and working in the service industry I think its very important

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Visited the waterfront Saturday afternoon, staff looked fairly busy but I was served promptly, I asked for a pint of pedigree, barmaid began pouring this for me, but explained that the barrel had gone, she asked me if I would like to choose another ale or if I would like to sit down while she changed the barrel, I choose to wait for my pedigree and as promised the bar maid brought my pint over, excellent service!!

Reviewed January 6, 2013

We have vistited The Waterfront many times and have never had a bad meal yet. We went for a meal on New Years Eve and the service and food were fine even though it was very busy. The meals were well presented and the portion size gave value for money. We would certainly go again.

Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

Well we have visited many times but slowly the food and service has declined.

Today I was served by a young lady at the bar who never said hello or thank you. In fact I have to say I'm not sure she wanted to be there. Maybe a smile once in a whole would be useful!

We had some bar room sandwiches which were okay but not as good as they use to be. Sadly the onion rings and chips were awful. They were over cooked and covered in oil which made them taste sickly.

I hoping this is a blip as so far each visit has got worse. Please sort it out as we loved visiting!

1  Thank Evmoss