I booked two two bedroom units for my family consisting of myself, my wife , two adult children, son in law and 3 year old grandchild. I was called a few days before the start of the stay to confirm the details and I was told that we had been allocated two units next to each other, which was ideal, that there were no stairs in either unit (so we would not need a stair-gate) and that Wi-Fi was available in every unit.
When we checked in we found that although the two units were numerically adjacent there was another unit and a flight of stairs between them. One unit had a full steep flight of stairs and the other had two half flights. We also found that the Wi-Fi did not work in either unit, we could not even find the wired connection mentioned in the unit manual.Worse was to follow, my wife had a shower and flooded the bathroom because the shower enclosure was faulty. We told the reception staff about both of these problems but nothing was done for the duration of our stay meaning that I could not shower for a week and I was not able to receive important E-mails.
We also found that any food stored in the cupboards went mouldy within hours and our grandchild came down with a very wheezy chest which could have been caused by mould spores in the air.
The rooms were not cleaned during our stay despite the manual saying that they would be cleaned three times during the week.
Defiantly a resort to avoid.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When traveling in the UK, you will want to stay in a place that represents the brilliance of this majestic and historic area. You will have never seen or experienced anything like Wychnor Park Country Club. By staying here, you are ensuring that you and your family will be having the holiday experience of a lifetime.Wychnor Park Country Club dates back all the way to the period of Queen Anne. You will find yourself among 55 acres of some of the most stunning estate grounds and take in some of the most breathtaking, panoramic views. The Great Hall, housed here, symbolizes an age of gracious living.At Wychnor Park Country Club, you will find plenty to do before even heading off the grounds to explore. We have a golf course that brings in enthusiasts from around the world. You may also want to enjoy the heated indoor swimming pool. Either the golf course or the pool area is a great place to spend time with family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wychnor Park Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wychnor Park Country Club Hotel Barton Under Needwood
- Wychnor Park Country Club UK/Barton Under Needwood, England