“Great weekend stay”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Alton
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Great weekend stay”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Was here 2 nights as part of a long weekend with family and friends. Hotel obviously has great location and ideal for kids as well as lots to do. Food was good and hotel clean and friendly staff. Was not the cheapest but well worth it if visiting theme park. Would stay again

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (366)
dover
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This cost me a fortune for me and my daughter to stay in, and the overall experience was awful. The room was old and dated, and extremely too hot, had to have a fan blowing full blast all night, and was still sweating. The restaurant was terrible, the food was ok, but the service was the worst I have ever experienced. It was not even to half it's capacity and I had to wait 20 minutes for them to take my drinks order, and then 20 mins to get my drink and then I had to ask for another drink, and by the time it had arrived, I had eaten my dinner and dessert! Plus the whole time the kiddies disco was going full blast above us, and we could hardly hear each other.
The shop only sold highly expensive kids toys!
The bar was charging high west end prices!
The entertainment was for kids aged 3!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Alton hotels

Manchester
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

We were booked to stay for 2 nights but only stayed one. No air con - the rooms and the hotel were way too hot, the beds in the room too small and overall this hotel is in desperate need of an overhaul. The final straw was the buffet meal in Flambos - four adults sat around a two person table and when we complained were told all the other tables were booked, we had booked this table eight weeks in advance, there were plenty of tables just lazy waiters who failed to clear the dirty ones! The buffet was appalling - cold dried up pasta sauces, dirty plates and spoons, a filthy dessert table and plastic cups for the fruit juice. Two of our party decided not to eat here but they still tried to charge us for four meals even though they hadn't eaten or drank anything! This was enough to prompt us to leave and drive home despite the late hour so disappointed - the park and food there was great, hugely let down by the poor staff and awful food in the hotel a waste of over £1000 - shame on the management!

Rugby
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Stayed for 1 night in a beachcomber room, with waterpark tickets. The theming in this hotel and the waterpark is excellent, my kids loved the Caribbean feel and it is does just make you smile. We arrived early and got our tickets for the park at the desk, very good service, had noted that oldest had a birthday and called him over to give him a sticker. Rooms aren't huge, but are again well themed (the carpets are brilliant) and there was room for the four of us. The waterpark is also great fun though the changing rooms are madness when it's busy. I especially liked the lego play area by reception, great for the kids. We had breakfast in Flambos, which was ok, but get there early to avoid the queue! We ate dinner in the sister hotel at Secret Garden, and used the walkway between the hotels - again loved the carpets and the theming in general! All in all lovely stay, great service and well thought out hotel. Would definitely come again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I got this stay for half price so wasn't to bad but I would not pay the full price the beds in the room are very small and the hotel is very hot all the time. It is a very nice themed hotel and feels like you are on holiday compared to a travel lodge just think the beds could be better. The free breakfast was good, we also had the buffet dinner £20 per person. At first I thought that was expensive but considering what was on offer and what we ate also juice was included we prob would have spent £40 on a meal in other places anyway but this could be expensive for a family ( there was just two of us). The service wasn't great as no one explained to us where things were and we didn't even have a bill made up when we asked to pay at the end. I also think that considering you are staying in the hotel that you would get access to the water park without having to pay extra as its built into the hotel but that's just my opinion. Overall I had a okay experience but I didn't pay full price which I think I never would now that I have been there.

hertfordshire
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Stayed at Splash Landings Hotel for 2 nights. Speedy check in service, customer service is great. Nothing is to much trouble. Plenty of entertainment for the kids, from characters (sid from Ice Age) walking round for photos and cuddles. Fun & games for kids & adults. Amazing singers. You can use both hotels for food or entrainment, spas or the Waterpark. The family rooms have everything you need double bed and bunk beds. Tea and coffee, T.V and bathroom. It's not 5 star hotel but after a long day in the park rooms are comfy. Food in Flambos eat as much as you like is very nice. Plenty of choice soup, salad, fresh rolls and breads, Carvery , fish, Indian, Chinese, Italian and kids selection. Puddings are yummy with chocolate fountain, cakes and ice cream. Breakfast also offers a great selection.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

Small rooms, terrible service and over priced restaurant! Thats how i describe it in short!
To be fair you'd only ever want to stay in that hotel for water park and that it- convinience! I pick travelodg over this hotel any day!
Dont get me wrong my kids absolutely loved the water park its fab fun, but for that price one expects better service slightly cheaper food options (?)

• Stayed May 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alton
Alton Towers Hotel
Peakstones Inn, Piggery & Friends Restaurant
Hilton at St George's Park, Burton upon Trent
Holiday Inn Express Stoke-on-Trent
Travelodge Ashbourne Hotel
Quality Hotel & Leisure Stoke on Trent

Been to Splash Landings Hotel? Share your experiences!