“Mad House Alright...”
Review of The Hawthorns B&B

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Alton
The Hawthorns B&B
Ranked #9 of 10 Alton B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 17, 2010

We arrived thinking that for £50 a night we would receive quite a good service, however we were greeted by the owner Theresa on her way out and literally threw us into our rooms and left us. We thought ok and got on our with ourevenng, went to a pub about a 10 minute drive away had our meal and stayed in the room for the evening. The room itself was fine, there was a couple in the room next to us and we didn't hear a peep all night, which I worry about because I am a light sleeper, but no problem. We were told 8.30am breakfast and because we were heading off to Alton Towers we wanted to be off early so this was fine for me. However we got downstairs to find that she had not set out anything for breakfast and we had to sit and wait whilst she set the tables up around us. On top of this she had obviosuly struggled to get her little boy ready for school and so he was running around as she was trying to cook our breakfast. We waited patiently and she brought us toast out, no cereal was offered as she had stated the previous day however. Then her little boy did no other than proceed to climb onto our table and steal toast from our plates and then did the same to the other couple. She did say she was sorry but I did not feel that it was very professional at all. The breakfast was not great either we got 1 small sausage 1 rasher of bacon 1 egg and some beans. I did not like tomatoes and mushrooms and told her this before we arrived but she still put them on my plate. All in all to say I paid £50 for the stay I was dissapointed with the lack of professionalism and care taken towards us as guests. I did not feel like a guest I felt like we were an inconvenience to her as she had so much else going on. I would not stay here again, the location was fabulous for visiting Alton Towers but there are many other b and b's around the area that i am sure will give a better service than we received.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank meeks2491
There are newer reviews for The Hawthorns B&B
Reviewed May 25, 2010

We stayed last weekend for 2 great nights while we were having our annual Alton Towers kick. Theresa couldn't do enough for us, even let my mate borrow some linen trousers! Her 4yr old son calls it the 'Mad House' but we thought it was great! Very friendly, clean and rmins to alton towers. We went to 2 of the local pubs, both easy to walk to and the food was fab. Breakfast was also really nice, loads of food! plenty of off road parking, I will be going back again.