“Great fun, expensive Cafe!”

Alton Towers Waterpark
Ranked #3 of 3 things to do in Alton
More attraction details
Owner description: The Waterpark is a perfect family day out whatever the weather, with both indoor and outdoor pools and attractions offering gallons of excitement for kids of all ages. Bursting out of the middle of Splash Landings Hotel the Caribbean lagoon boasts hundreds of fantastic interactive water features, from lazy rivers, bubbly wubbly pools and crazy cannons, to the thrills and spills of our Master Blaster water rollercoaster! There are also facilities for our smaller guests, including the Little Leak - a shallow area with interactive play features, floats and slides for tiny tots. Plus children under 4 years old can access the Waterpark completely free! There is scrumptious food available, including great value sandwich meal deals and delicious smoothies and ice cream served on the pool side. If you fancy something a little more filling we also offer a pizza and pasta buffet menu in Flambo's Exotic Feast Restaurant, offering great views of the wacky Waterpark.
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Good rides, very expensive Cafe! Clean changing facilities with plenty of room. Remember to take change for lockers!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,446)
All reviews
in 47 reviews
"big slides"
in 26 reviews

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Look out for a deal to get into Alton towers and go for the whole day, take a pack up if you prefer not to eat fast food. We like to arrive when it opens and chose which rides we would MOST like to go on and queue up for them straight away before the crowds arrive, my favorite are the big shoots however prepare to get soaked, I have never stayed in the hotel so that I can visit Alton towers facilities for two days, I do not enjoy the really scary rides but i still enjoy watching others scream there heads off, The pools ect are nice and clean and very lovely.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Attended in Jan 2013. The changing rooms were awful, wet and dirty with lots of nappies left on the floor and no cleaner in site! We had then queue or about 10 minutes to get changed! The toilets were worse and had a real dirty feel about them. Inside the facilities were okay but definitely not the best waterpark I have been to! Lack of good slides! The main one which is good requires a inflatable ring which you have to queue up for first (40 mins) and then queue again to get on the ride (another 10 mins) - not easy with a 6 and 4 year old! I have emailed Alton Towers 3 times about the state of the changing rooms/toilets and although I received the confirmation email of receipt and will receive a reply with 10 days - still nothing!

2  Thank Lottie4071
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We went on a Sunday morning following an event at the Alton Towers hotel - this had two advantages; firstly that it was fairly quiet and secondly that we got half-price entry as we had been at an organised event.

The park is nicely themed and has a good variety of slides - the 'Master Blaster' was great fun and a new experience; the outdoor flumes were also nice though with it being just above freezing outside I'm very glad the queues were short!

As we are (supposedly) adults the novelty value wore off fairly quickly; I'm not sure I could have justified full price each although it was enjoyable nonetheless. I felt like a few more simple flumes would have added a little more variery though of course the designers and architects would disagree! Of course a family with children would probably be able to spend an entire day there which would make the price easier to take; especially as there are a lot more attractions for younger visitors.

See more reviews
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We took our two daughters aged 8\9 on a Saturday kids totally enjoyed the day and not to busy ,little to no wait to get on the flumes and plenty of fun activitys to entertain them for a whole day, it was not as big as we had been expecting but was still lots of fun, locker rooms were clean and tidy and had no problems acquiring a free one, my daughter who is not a confident swimmer was even loaned a life jacket to make her feel safer, overall can say that although quite expensive it was a great day and we would return at some point.