TripAdvisor
Alton
Post
Inbox
Search

“Impressive idea, needs work though”

Rollercoaster Restaurant
Reserve a Table
Bookatable
Ranked #9 of 14 Restaurants in Alton
Description: Rollercoaster Restaurant is set below a vast rollercoaster track where diners can watch as their order tackles two gravity defying loop-the-loops before dropping 8 metres down the tornado spiral to their table. Each diner will enjoy a full 360˚ dining experience at one of the 13 tables and will get to select from the brand new menu of family favourites.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We had booked to eat at the 'Rollercoaster restaurant' and arrived with excitement when we were shown to our table and how to use the interactive ordering system.

The restaurant had an amazing network of tracks from which your meal is delivered to your table however the rating I have given is based purely on the experience I had as due to the very limited vegetarian/vegan choices we did not stay.

I explained to one of the staff members why we were leaving without placing an order and, although polite, she did not seem concerned or offer any solution for us - just a simple "no problem, thanks". I thought this strange, an apology for the inconvenience would be the least I would expect, especially since I had called the week before and was reassured by the head chef that they have lots of vegan options before I booked.

I do hope the menu is looked at and improves in the future as this seems a very exciting concept for an eating option!

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (1,899)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We visited the Rollercoaster restaurant in Aug. All was fine, the main meal was ok. My 9 year old daughter had a kids sundae and nearly choked on a piece of plastic. It was clearly the plastic tab of an ice cream tub when you first open it and it snaps off. I complained to the staff, they filed a report and a measly £3.50 refund was all they offered. The staff’s response was absolutely terrible, they really couldn’t care less. I think if we screamed and cried and made a more dramatic deal, they may have responded differently but we’re not like that. Absolutely disgusted with the staff’s reaction, the place is run by young miserable kids who haven’t got a clue.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Visited as part of a birthday treat for my daughter. Staff were friendly and welcoming, explaining the ordering process clearly and checking for any food allergies. The iPad that was used to order was covered in finger marks from previous customers...would it really be too much to ask to clean these at the same time as cleaning the tables?

Food arrived in many, many tubs one after the other after the other. I had the ultimate chicken burger. The pulled bbq chicken topping had a very unpleasant flavour indeed

The idea is brilliant but the food is overpriced and of poor quality. This is a real shame as it could be so different. To be honest, I enjoyed the hotdog that I bought from the hotdog stand on the way into the park much more than I enjoyed my meal here.

1  Thank twooldloves
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Visited here as part of a weekend stay at Alton Towers. Fab experience you must try. Good value for money and food was very nice. Leonie our waitress was very patient whilst explaing the concept of the rollercoaster restaurant. Loved watching our food fly down to us and super quick too. You've got to try this place.

2  Thank 789SarahH
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Well presented food in a relaxed, fun environment. We had a Merlin pass so we had a discount which was brilliant. However, it wasn’t too expensive with average restaurant prices and the service was pretty quick on little rollercoasters to your table. At one point several were whizzing around the ceiling. That was fun to see.
We would go again.