“Good good good”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in West Huntspill
Bath, United Kingdom
“Good good good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013

Owner is aware work needs to be done but tries to do anything to make your stay comfortable especially when the weather turned cold. I would recommend as it's only going to get better with investment.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank D H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013

stayed for four nights b&b ,as i was on a fishing trip with 34 others
what a hotel,fabulous breakfast,heated swimming pool,great staff,
very helpful and friendly.
would recommend it to any party of fishermen who are looking for
a great holiday or a few days break,will be there next year,our fifth
visit

Room Tip: any room is good
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank ronald r
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013

I stayed there for four nights in September and cant fault the place. Went fishing to local venues every day. Breakfast every morning was very good, with a good choice, and plenty of it. Rooms were very clean and tidy. Would recommend to anyone. Some of our party also used the swimming pool and found it very good.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank brianc4621
Bristol
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

For me this place was perfect for my three night stay with a friend. We arrived on the Saturday evening and enjoyed a peaceful and restful sleep in this rural feel location. As my friend had taken a long journey to meet me it was important that I could find somewhere close to the motor way but also in a nice location. Our stay exceeded expectations. The manager Dave and his barman were happy and friendly and the bar area has a great feel to it with a smart but relaxed atmosphere. On the Sunday we enjoyed the most delicious lunch that I can remember, the restaurant was busy and it was obvious that many of the customers were locals and regulars as the waitress was serving them on first name terms and and seemed to really enjoy her job ( nice to see this ) the quality of the food was exceptionally good and we ate two courses - there was a vegetarian option of nut roast which was perfect for me and good old fashioned apple pie to finish. My friend had roast beef which came with all the trimmings! and great selection of fresh veg. I really couldn't fault the lodge/room - private, peaceful and clean and cosy for a great night sleep - I would certainly recommend for a convenient business stay or a short family break - also noticed that there is plenty of space outside for recreation. Hope to be able to return soon.

Room Tip: Our room was just right - parking is easy and just a stone throw from the lodges.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Katie M
Highbridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

Visited for a meal. Fantastic cooking and all very clean. Liked the rustic country house feel of this place very much. Beautiful surrounding countryside which is perfect for a quiet getaway. Highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for peace and quiet in spades. They even have a clay pigeon shoot on site....a true country pursuit open to everyone. Our son had a go and loved it. You won't find anything like this anywhere else for the money.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Pauline P
Dunball.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

I stayed at Laburnum House again recently (for 2 days in October 2013). As always I found the staff accommodating and friendly. I was made to feel welcome and showed around the hotel and to my lodge.

My room was a warm and spacious and (being outside lodges) I could come and go as I pleased. And every morning there was a nice breakfast in the main building.

Yes, some comments here are negative, but I did not notice the various "faults" by previous posters. My room was clean, as was the bar and restaurant. Outside lodges in a rural location - by their nature - are going to get the odd cobweb and stuff...

Personally, I found the hotel to be perfect for my needs. A good place if you want a bit of privacy and rural seclusion.

And it isn't a chain, but a family run business....

Room Tip: Maybe book a standard or deluxe room, as opposed to a budget one. Like everything else you DO get wh...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Gurdyboy
Lancashire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

I went to Somerset for a family funeral and we stayed here, what a hospitable place this is. We stayed in bungalow 22 it was very clean, warm and had everything we needed. Our breakfast's were superb the two ladies both cooked well.
We forgot this was carnival weekend and asked David is order us a taxi, but none available....He made no fuss just took us in his own car. When we got back early evening and wanted to go to village for a meal once again David took us and brought us back because it was quite dark down the lane...Above and Beyond.
When we tried to give him some money he refused just requested we make a donation if we wanted too for the local church in a box he has.
We would stay here again, as travellers we have stayed in some awful places this was a gem.

Room Tip: Our family group had 3 bungalows all were very good.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
#1 of 1 in Cheddar
Battleborough Grange Country Hotel & Restaurant
Premier Inn Bridgwater Hotel
BEST WESTERN Webbington Hotel and Spa

Been to Laburnum House Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!