“Superb!”

67 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 98 helpful votes
“Superb!”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Went here after reading a review from someone staying in Doniford Bay Holiday Park. So glad I read it because I probably wouldn't have just popped in otherwise. It was excellent. We arrived at 10 am just as it was opening and a nice young girl was feeding the animals and opening various pens so the animals could roam around with each other. My 6 year old was fascinated.

There was so many different animals to see but what I found endearing was that it was so natural and not forced. It is not the 'cleanest' and well decorated in the world but it is a farm and it is free and I would have paid. There are donation boxes around. The meerkats were the highlight of the day for me and there is a rather big turkey roaming free which was quite funny at times when it followed you. It was authentic, original and a great couple of hours out.

The cafe/restaurant was immaculate, and the toilet facilities. Had chocolate brownies and hot chocolate and lattes and they were all very tasty. The shop was fab, lovely gifts etc but the fresh local food was outstanding, spent a small fortune! You can buy anything form veg to fruit to bread to meat to cheese to jam(diabetic) to cider!

Visited June 2013

London, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 96 helpful votes
“small but friendly”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Ideal to entertain the children for an hour and have an ice cream - the animals did not look in the best of care, the Eagle Owls in particular. The pigs across the road were great fun!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank kisscycles
Weston super Mare, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Love the place so much, came back all the way from Weston with a camera”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I visited this place last month, unfortunately I didn't have a camera, came back this weekend just to take a few shots, my girlfriend lives round the corner so not too much of an effort,
First I would like to question why someone would state they have been here a few times?, and leave upset every time because of the conditions the animals are kept in, as the person has so much hurt in them after visiting, it would be a great idea if they donated their time as well to this fantastic place to care for the animals, just like the others who look after the animals,are these animals expected to have 'bespoke furniture' and firm mattresses?
On both occasions I have visited, I noticed no sign of distress in any of the animals , in fact the gigantic turkey is so friendly to humans they have to lock her up for her own good, the lambs seem happy, as do the piglets, there is also a very nice cafeteria which does wonderful cream teas, coffees, roast dinners etc, I wonder how much the person who complained spent in the place,? as this is how they pay for the running of the place along with the 'Farm shop'.
I would recommend a visit to this place, free parking as well, so please spend a little in the shop or cafeteria,
Even though my girlfriend is hopefully leaving Watchet to come and live with me, I cannot wait to return with my grand daughter to let her have a close up look at these farm animals.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank DINO2902
Swansea, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A real gem - worth making a detour for”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We went here for the afternoon in a big group. Alice who guided us around the animals was very informative and engaging and the kids (and adults) loved the opportunity to get up close and personal with a bearded dragon, a corn snake and particularly feeding the lambs.
We then thoroughly enjoyed the Sunday roast dinners - really well cooked and served with a smile. My wife is gluten-intolerant and the kitchen staff went out of their way with absolutely no fuss to make gluten-free gravy and custard from scratch, when it wasn't on the menu.
Can't recommend this lovely place enough.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank GazzJones
, Owner at Doniford Farm, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us on Trip Advisor. We all thoroughly enjoyed your visit and the children in your party were a credit to you. Glad you enjoyed your visit and hopefully see you again soon. Kay
Taunton
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Our 2 year old absolutely loves it here!!”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

This is a fantastic place. Beautiful location, very friendly staff and owners and a wide selection of animals (some of which you can hold/touch). Cafe has some tasty good value food and exceptionally clean and welcoming toilets! It's amazing to get anything for free these days but this is a real treat to find (and come back to again as again as we live locally). Brilliant.

Visited April 2013