“Great Afternoon out”

Minehead, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Afternoon out”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We went to Doniford Farm expecting a little farm shop and was pleasantly surprised by a host of animals, all of which seem happy and content wandering around the grounds and individual pens. This is definitely a place were I can bring visiting friends for a coffee or lunch and the children can amuse themselves with the array of animals. The Gift shop has some lovely items and not overpriced rubbish. The Cafe has huge slices of cake that will take the edge off your hunger if you havent got time for lunch. Local produce is for sale and its reassuring to know in this day and age what you're eating. Finally I would like to mention the staff, nothing is too much trouble for them and we were greeted with a smile and a very friendly service. Well worth a visit anytime of the year.

1 Thank Rachel C

Minehead, United Kingdom
“Doniford Farm lunch”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Had lunch at Donoford Farm today, it was great walking in to be welcomed by a very friendly turkey in the yard who wanted to be petted. Also being able to view owls, pigs, meerkats and so much more. Entrance to the restrant area is through their farm shop selling a wonderful range of local produce. Very friendly service for Sunday roast. Food was excellent and plenty of it.
Will be returning very soon. Thank you Doniford farm.

Visited March 2013
Taunton, United Kingdom
“What a great place to visit”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I went to Doniford farm on the recommendation of a friend, what a lovely place to visit, the animals were adorable especially the turkey, we had lunch in the cafe, the staff were very friendly and the food was superb. Well worth a visit! I will be going back again.

Taunton, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great cafe - lots of animals and its FREE!!”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

i went with my friend and her 3 to check Donniford out as we have heard mixed reviews.

We had 5 children between us aged 3-8. They loved the animals, had fun walking round a couple of times and laughed at the turkey that gobbled at them! COmpletely random collection of animals which i think is fab - racoons to a shire horse!

Cafe again is lovely and they were very accommodating and did 5 kids hot chocolates.

However, there isnt enough there to keep you there very long - all they need is a play area and picnic area (preferably indoors!) and they will have it sussed.

I would say this is a lovely place to go to if you are going out for a coffee with friends with kids, or if you have grandparents to visit.

Bristol, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“tired and dirty”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I popped down to this farm because i heard on a radio station that it was the only free zoo in the Somerset and Avon district.
FREE is always a good word to anybody, so i thought id come down to see this 'magical place'.
Well its a farm, not a zoo. Barns are in need of some work and needs brightening up. Many of the animals surroundings were dirty with old food and faeces on the floors. More than a day or to 'old'.
Some of the animals looked un happy and unkempt. Very distressing to see. I think they should have paid more attention to the the animals houses instead of the canteen.

A very unpleasant hour for me. Glad i did not have to pay, it is not worth an entrance fee.

Visited November 2012
12 Thank mags42_11
, Owner at Doniford Farm, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you for your review. I notice you have only reviewed 2 attractions and completed 3 reviews. The reviews you have completed are a local zoo twice and us. I note that you gave us a 'terrible' and the other local zoo to us 'excellent' both times. I am all in in favour of being reviewed as long as the reviewer is doing it for the right reasons.