“Little gem in a lovely village”
Review of Courtyard Cafe

Courtyard Cafe
Ranked #3 of 24 Restaurants in Somerton
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 5, 2014

The Courtyard cafe is a lovely homely place to shift and enjoy coffee and cake. Great selection of homemade cakes on offer, also do snacks for lunch. Will definitely return.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Stopped off here recently for a light lunch with a friend. Never been before, but it was a delight. Simple, tasty, home-made soups and bread, plus delicious home-made cakes. Lovely. Busy and vibrant, but enough tables to seat a fair few diners. Situated at the back of a gift shop it's a little hidden away. Would definitely stop here again.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

I only live about 9 miles from this excellent cafe so am drawn fairly often for comfort foods or a refreshing cup of tea.
I truly believe that one of the negative reviews can't be referring to The Courtyard. It doesn't set out to be a gastropub! It's a lovely cafe with a courtyard!
Last week I had delicious sweet potato soup with a tasty cheese scone served by smiling, helpful staff. My other half enjoyed scrambled eggs on toast and later was enticed by the amazing coffee and walnut cake...it was delicious! Reasonable prices too. Local artwork is on show and the card/gift shop is great for shopping.
It's a very popular location, relaxing with newspapers, magazines and a book corner encouraging people to linger. Business folk use it for a luncheon stop. All the food is fresh and and well cooked and for a simple cafe it has plenty of imaginative choice. I know it's not only full of 'local's' or only old ladies. If you live locally! or not try it out, I am sure you won't be disappointed. Especially on bright or warm day the Courtyard is a delight...inside and out.
Somerton also has free parking. :-)

1  Thank annieyeo
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Stopped off en route from Devon to West Sussex; often call in to Somerton to relieve monotony of A303 .. this lovely cafe provides excellent tea and coffee, a great variety of delicious home-made cakes. We had two of that day's lunch specials which were very tasty and well-priced. Dont miss it!

Reviewed March 1, 2014

It is difficult to please me with my coffee....I am just Italian I know, but in this little "gem" they know how to make a proper Italian coffee. My favourite place for breakfast adding on my coffee a delicious gluten free chocolate cake, not to be missed!! My favourite lunch dish? Yes the mushroom & thyme, or cauliflower & cheese soup.

Friendly staff, attentive and professional. The little 'books corner' is an adding "treat" to this lovely cafe'. I truly don't want a 'free coffee' next time I will be vising you....The fact is that all staff working there just deserve a WELL DONE and my compliments to the owner Catherine for her passion for food and for her lovely approach to customers.

1  Thank Food_lover537