The Yew Tree at Church Farm
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Somerton
See available hotels
Wessex Hotel(Street)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
Sunnyside B&B(Bridgwater)
Devonshire Arms(Langport)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 26, 2013

My brother and myself stayed here for a night for a family reunion and the overnight stay was excellent. We didn't arrive until late. Bedroom was lovely and comfortable but what excelled was the breakfast and personal service we had over breakfast. We were made to feel extremely welcome and Sarah dropped off my wash bag with my parents after I had forgotten it. I will be back with my wife

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
miaoowcat, Owner at The Yew Tree at Church Farm, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Thank you for your kind review, it was a pleasure to meet you and to see your brother again, hope to meet you both again

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Loved our short stay here, the beds and showers are wonderful. Food is fresh and delicious! Really great place, close to town and shopping. Very good dinner recco to a cozy pub nearby. Thank you so much for the hospitality!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
miaoowcat, Owner at The Yew Tree at Church Farm, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words. It was lovely to meet you and your family and I very much hope we meet again the next time you are in the area

Reviewed November 9, 2012

We stayed at Yew Tree as a base for visiting family and local attractions with our son. What a lovely break, we couldn't have expected any better and our only regret was we couldn't spend more time enjoying the accommodation as we were so busy being out and about. The breakfast was fabulous and even my fussy son found something he liked. The cooked breakfast was lovely and it was lovely to have some fresh fruit with breakfast and that lovely greek yoghurt with coconut yum! Sarah was very accommodating and very warm and welcoming, an excellent host who makes you feel right at home from the very minute you arrive.

We stayed in the Olive Room and it was so comfortable, the bed was lovely and felt very luxurious. The little extras like bottled water, bathrobes, torches etc were lovely touches. It was lovely to be able to have our own front door, which makes it feel more private. All in all a lovely place to stay and you couldn't fail to love it.

we will definitely be back, I would love to try the loft room next time.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

I'm really glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and that breakfast went down so well.

Hope to see you and your family again the next time you're down in the west country

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Ellie (13), Milly (13) and myself stayed at Yew Tree last weekend.
Both the girls were competing at Millfield approx 8 miles away.
We spent an extremely comfortable and enjoyable evening in the Loft Apartment.
The accommodation was finished beautifully, very private and so cosy.
Breakfast was wonderful with fresh local produce and endless.
Sarah even kindly prepared a fessh packed lunch for the whole party.
A lovely experience.
Ruth Cardiff

• Stayed: October 2012
miaoowcat, Owner at The Yew Tree at Church Farm, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Thank you for such a wonderful review, it was a pleasure to meet you and the girls, I do hope you enjoyed your sandwiches pool side.

Hope to see you again

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Thank you for todays technology, as without it we would never have found this wonderful place. We were visiting the area for a family wedding with the reception been held at the village hall. After googling Compton Dundon accomodation, the yew tree came up as the closest.

This is the first B & B I have stayed in, as I have watched too many Hotel Inspectors and tend to stick to large name hotels. Admittedly I checked out Trip advisor before booking to put my mind at rest.

I can only re-iterate what everyone else has said. Sarah is the loveliest host you could ever wish to meet. You are made to feel welcome from the moment you arrive and nothing is too much trouble.

The rooms are clean, modern and well equiped and lovely and warm. We stayed in the olive room. You are given your own key and are free to come and go as you please, with the comfort of knowing Sarah is only a stones throw away should you require anything. We loved the little extras, fortunately we didnt require the umberella and the torch was a godsend.

Breakfast requests are taken the day before, and served efficiently the next morning at your requested time. Both my husband I agree, this has to be one of the nicest breakfasts we have eaten. Sarah's homemade coconut yogurt was lush and the fresh fruit was a refreshing change from the normal tinned fruit served elsewhere. Sarah continues to be attentive throughout. All ingredients were of the highest quality.

I am going to tell everyone that will listen about this place and if we ever return to the area I would not hesitate to stay here. In fact, I would go as far to say, it is the only place we will stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in the olive room, the room was lovely, however we were disturbed a few times my the occupants upstairs clomping around in the loft room. It may be an idea if you are a light sleeper (like myself) to stay in the loft room so you can be the clomper and not the clomped!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
miaoowcat, Owner at The Yew Tree at Church Farm, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

WOW, now there's a fabulous review, thank you. It was a pleasure to have the 3 of you stay with us and I'm thrilled you enjoyed your weekend away. It's always good to hear that people enjoyed their breakfast so I'll make sure I make the coconut yogurt for you the next time we meet. Hope to see you again soon

Best wishes