Courtyard by Marriott Hamilton
$102
$125
$122
Great 4.5/5
Comfort Suites(Forest Park)(Great Value!)
$90
$59
Average 3/5
$65
Good 3.5/5
All reviewsnice hotelcourtyard by marriottmiami universityroom was cleanwonderful propertygreat bedswim meetlight sleeperbreakfast includedsmall pooltimely fashionexercise roomkey cardhotel is locatednight's sleepvisit familynice view of the river
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 7, 2013

We came down from Mpls and the snow apparently followed us for our stay here. It is darn near impossible to say anything negative on this hotel. The staff was great,the on site restaurant was reasonably priced and the food was good. We did have an issue with the lock on our door not working. Not only did they resolve the issue in a timely fashion but comped us two drinks at the bar for our troubles. The hotel has nice views of the river and the city skyline. It is downtown in an area that is the typical dead area due to shopping centers. Because of this there are only 2 eating places within walking distance that I found,an Irish pub ( which I reviewed) and the typical Mcdonalds. There may be some off the Main Street but I did not look. The hotel has an interactive touch screen in the lobby to look up about anything,which makes it easy to get around. I always stay on the top floor to avoid the normal elephant people tromping around above. This hotel is six floors,and the walls are apparently thin as you could hear people next door talking all night. ( the only negative in our stay). Hamilton has very little to choose from in the way of hotels so this was a blessing in the first class quality. The rooms are well appointed,but we did not have a microwave in our studio type room.no big deal. The in room coffee was probably the best hotel coffee I have had. They do not have a continental breakfast as they have a traditional restaurant,( for all of you that think a free breakfast is a must). Personally this type of place brings in a better class of traveler. This may sound snobbish but I do not care for cheap surroundings. I love the no smoking policy. Nothing worse than smoking smells coming from under doors in the hallway.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Hamilton, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Dave H,
Thank you for your gracious review and complimentary feedback from your stay with us at Courtyard Hamilton. We're happy to have had you as our guest, and we're pleased to hear our accommodations, amenities, and friendly staff made for an enjoyable stay. I sincerely apologize for any noise disturbances you experienced during your visit. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay otherwise and I look forward to sharing your kind comments with our staff. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

Very good in most ways: excellent staff, clean rooms. And probably the best option for those in the area for a Miami University related event or weekend. But not great when it comes to noise -- you can hear pretty much everything in your neighbor's room and the hall (can be very annoying).

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo

Pipeface,
Thank you for sharing feedback from your visit to Courtyard Hamilton. We appreciate you selecting our hotel for your visit to Miami University, and we're glad our excellent service and clean accommodations met your satisfaction. I am very sorry to hear of the noise disturbances you encountered and sincerely apologize for any resulting inconveniences. We value you as our guest and we hope you'll visit us again in the future. Thank you once again for writing.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

Most visitors to this small town are here to visit students at nearby Miami University or for some similar reason. I would have rather stayed in Oxford but everything was booked and this hotel was available at a reasonable price. Room was average. The heater unit worked but the front of it was hanging off. Beds were very comfortable. I would have appreciated a complimentary breakfast but that was not an option. There was a small café that served breakfast, lunch and dinner but it was nothing special. Front desk did have complimentary supplies such as toothbrush and tooth paste, razors . . . Sad to see that the Riverfront Café has closed down.
***My room was near the elevator and the loud chime was very annoying. Very audible. Loud enough to wake you up at 5:30 am when people started moving around.

Room Tip: If you have a choice a room that is on the upper floors (there are 6) and facing the river is pleasant. Do not get a room near the elevator!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Hamilton, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

CoronaCowboy,
Thank you for writing a review. We always appreciate hearing from our guests on the aspects that made for an enjoyable stay, as well as opportunities for improving our guest experience. We value you as our guest and we apologize for the areas we fell short of exceeding your expectations. We hope you'll consider staying with us the next time you travel to the area. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Clean, neat, well appointed and thought out rooms. Amazing staff - Friendly, knowledgeable and courteous. This hotel makes any stay in Hamilton a good one. As an out-of-towner visiting in-law-family I have finally, after years, found a comfortable "home base". Stayed in a suite facing the river for 4 days...I felt safe, secure and appreciated while there. This is DEFINATELY where I will be staying while in Hamilton for years to come. I did not utilize the bar, restaurant, pool or gym so I cannot comment on those but I will say that the room was great and the staff made every attempt to show that hospitality was priority one for them. My hat goes off to them. A truly enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room 3rd floor or above facing the river. It's a nice view.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

MSgirl662,
We appreciate your review and patronage with us at Courtyard Hamilton. It's wonderful to hear that our friendly service and clean accommodations made for an enjoyable stay. We're happy to be your "home base" while in town visiting family, and we look forward to extending our hospitality to you again in the future. Thank you once again for writing.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Half of the staff were very rude. The bartender and a girl from the kitchen were making fun of a guest who had called for room service. Halloween night I took two pieces of candy from the free candy bucket at the front desk and Missy (I do believe that to be her name) took the bucket and said I have to save some for trick or treators in a rude way. The lady at the desk at 3:30 am on 11/8/13 was a real treat. I stood near the front desk for about 3 min while she was on a personal call then she asked CAN I HELP YOU? I asked if she could cash a check for me. She said WE DONT CASH CHECKS. I said ma'am in the guest book it says you do. She said YOU HAVE TO BE A MARIOTT REWARDS MEMBER WITH AN AMERICAN EXPRESS. very rudely. (I am a mariott rewards member and do have an American express) What made her assume I did not? So I just said thank you anyways and decided to come to my room and write this review. Staff are just so rude. We and other guest had an issue with the pool breaking the children out in rashes and one adult who got in. It bleached my daughters hair and bleached her bathing suit. They acted like it was just us that maintenance checked the Ph. "maybe the pool isn't for them" was the front desk clerks remark. It broke out my daughter, sister and her two children as well as three other kids with another guest couple. "MAYBE THE POOL JUST ISN'T FOR THEM" I swear those were her exact words.... I'm still speechless. I personally will never stay here again, nor any other mariott. Oh and blood stayed on one of the elevator floors for two days. The only good thing was the cleanliness of the room and very nicely decorated. Very comfortable beds.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side of the building face the Great Miami River.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank PipeWelder2013
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Hamilton, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

PipeWelder2013,
I appreciate you writing and bringing these concerns to my attention. Please know your feedback is important to us and we hope to speak with you directly regarding the issues you encountered during your stay.