Courtyard by Marriott Hamilton
Carriage Inn(Fairfield)
  • Free Internet
Comfort Suites(Forest Park)
View Hotel
All reviewsnice hotelcourtyard by marriottmiami universityroom was cleanwonderful propertygreat bedswim meetlight sleeperbreakfast includedsmall pooltimely fashionexercise roomkey cardhotel is locatednight's sleepvisit familynice view of the river
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 3, 2013

My fiance and I stayed here the last Saturday of March. We were in town to visit family and to be honest, Hamilton doesn't have any other hotels unless you want to drive down Route 4 towards Cincinnati. Although we arrived 3 hours early, the man at the Front Desk did an exceptional job finding us an open room and was very polite and accomodating. The room was very clean and relaxing. The only issue we had was hearing doors in the hallways close and waking us up through the night. Other than that, we couldn't have asked for more. Would definitely recommend this hotel to others!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Hamilton, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

CCRolly,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us at Courtyard Hamilton. We're glad you stayed with us and appreciate your business. I’m happy to hear you found your room clean and relaxing as well as our friendly staff accommodating to your requests. I apologize for any noise disturbances you encountered during your stay. We value you as a guest and hope we’ll see you again soon. Thanks again for writing.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Not bad for the only option in Hamilton, OH. It is a bit pricey but not too bad. There is room service, which is a plus. The rooms were clean and the location was quiet. I would most definitely stay again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Renee B, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Hamilton, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Justin H,
Thank you for taking a moment and writing a review about your experience at Courtyard Hamilton. We're glad you stayed with us and appreciate your business. I'm happy to hear that our location and cleanliness of our hotel met your expectations. Thanks again for writing. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

I stayed here last week. The hotel is modern and in great condition. The restaurant is really nice. I was asked at the bar if I wanted a menu. I hesitated but the bartender advised me to eat here. She said the chef was very good. Well holy cow. I ordered dinner (swordfish) it was priced at 20 dollars. They could have charged double and I still would have been impressed. What a fantastic meal!!!
Tonya the bartender is just a delight as well.
I hope my business travel takes me here again soon.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank ghuizer
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Hamilton, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

ghuizer,
Thank you for your review. We're pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us and liked our property. I'm especially glad that you enjoyed the swordfish and had a wonderful meal. I'll make sure to let Tonya know of your kind comments. We hope your business travels will bring you back to our hotel too! Safe travels.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

We stayed there one night ... the rooms were very cozy,comfortable and clean. The shower was awesome ... it had a special shower head that took away all my aches and pains of a 7-hour drive that day. The only downer after a long day on the road was a bottle of water in my room that had a big pricetag on it of $3. Not very welcoming for a tired, thirsty traveler or accommodating and a tacky first impression. My biggest complaints are with the restaurant on premises and the weekend front desk guy. I walked into the lobby at 6:30 a.m. on a Saturday, sleepily asked for some coffee and the young *&$## told me "we don't serve coffee, we serve Starbucks." I felt like saying: You know, dispense with the semantics, just direct me to the caffeine. While trying to process this idiotic remark, I heard myself saying, "OK, where's the Starbucks?" The front desker then tells me no coffee until 7, when the restaurant opens. OK, no complimentary coffee, just Starbucks at $5 a pop and nothing until 7 a.m. Is it impossible to have coffee available at 6 a.m. for those early risers? Why not train the front desk moron to make the Starbucks and not wait for the restaurant staff? Is this asking too much? The restaurant has issues, too. The caesar salad is pitiful, with bottled dressing. If you want rich rich flavors of olive oil, parmesan cheese and anchovies, forget it. No attention to caesar detail here. No dressing made from scratch. Just throw it on the plate and serve it. Also, the cobb salad arrived in front of my wife missing the menu-advertised avocados and blue cheese. At the end of the meal we ordered bread pudding. We waited and waited for it and finally were told by the waitress that there will be a 20-minute wait for it because they do something special to it in the kitchen. Here's an idea: take the 20 minutes and do something special to the caesar salad at and beginning of the meal for a rousing first impression. Reading between the lines told me they wanted to make us wait to sell more after dinner drinks, coffee, etc. to a pair of waiting diners. We ended up scrapping the pudding. Check please! Next time, this restaurant will get a pass.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MichiganSammie
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Hamilton, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

MichiganSammie,
Thank you for your review. We value your business, and we're glad you stayed with us at Courtyard. I'm glad your room was clean and comfortable and you liked the special shower head. I apologize for any rudeness you encountered by our staff and assure you that this is not our typical guest service. I apologize for the restaurant issues as well. Your feedback is important to me and I take all comments from our guests seriously. We always look for ways to improve our guest experiences, so I'm glad to read your comments and hope to use them constructively. We hope to have you return for another visit as we look forward to providing a more positive experience. Thanks again.
Carman Johnson

Reviewed January 26, 2013

We've have always had very pleasant experiences the many times we were fortunate enough to get a room there while visiting our Miami student. The staff has been quite helpful each time In fact, one time guests (students there from other universities) were outside our room in the hall prepping for a mock trial team competition and were a bit noisy, but not inappropriately so. I asked for a fan to mask the noise, but the staff offered to move us instead. We were given an even nicer room on a floor that was not housing the trial teams.

Also I feel it's unfair that other reviews have reported it's in an unsafe area. We have never felt uncomfortable in the area at all. It's not in a posh area, but it feels safe to us.

Room Tip: River views are nice if you can get one.
Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Hamilton, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Deborah K,
Thank you for taking a moment and writing a review about your stay with us at Courtyard. I'm glad your visits with us have been pleasant, and I'm pleased you've found our staff to be friendly and helpful. We hope you'll continue to stay with us while visiting your Miami student. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.