“Home cooking and more!”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 21, 2014

Hyde's is a hometown favorite of many. A family owned and operated restaurant for decades, Hyde's has breakfast available at all times. Daily specials such as roasted pork lion, chicken & dumplings, and other hearty meals are a big draw. They also have a nice selection of great salads for those looking for something lighter. Hyde's is know for their daily baked pies! Around the holidays, its very common to see 50-60 pies waiting for their pick-up order and Hyde's accommodates the demand for their pies by having a pie only special order form for customer orders. Anyone that has one of their pies and said that they did not enjoy it, also must not like sunny days!

Reviewed August 5, 2014

I moved to Liberty Twp. 21 years ago. Was told, by the native Hamiltonians, that Hyde's was a hidden gem of a restaurant in Hamilton. They were supposedly known for their Ma and Pa type breakfasts. I finally was passing there with my son. We are both biscuit and gravy lovers. I thought I would give them a try. I decided to get it to go and was first surprised how much more expensive they were than, for instance, Frisch's. 2 large Biscuits and gravy are $5.50 at Frisch's, and $8.42 at Hyde's. Over 50% higher at Hydes!! Got home and saw they dumped the gravy on the biscuits, instead of keeping them separate. Once gravy is dumped on a biscuit, the biscuit starts breaking down. So, after 20 minutes its pretty much mush. Realized the gravy was brown, which means it was scorched or wrong gravy. It tasted like regular brown gravy that you put on your mashed potatos. They told me, on the phone , they used the right gravy. It was the worst Buscuits and gravy Ive had in 51 years. Maybe they were good at one time, but not these days. Will never go back there again, and laugh if I hear someone praising them. PS Where was the sausage?

Reviewed May 30, 2014

We were seated immediately. The waitress was friendly and helpful. The food was delicious and the price very reasonable. I went here when I lived in Hamilton with my parents over 50 years ago. I still go back whenever I visit from Michigan.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

This restaurant has been in the Hyde family since after WWII. My father and mother and uncle started it in 1946. My mother was the pie baker for twelve years. Now the third generation has taken over the business. Good food and at a good price. Make sure you save room for the pie.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Went there for dinner on May 17, 2014. I ordered the Ribeye; was the worst steaks that I've ever had. Had no flavor, full of fat & cartilage; just a lousy piece of meat. My wife had the ribs; they were equally as bad. Even the coconut cream pie left something to be desired; had almost no coconut. The place wasn't busy, yet the service was dreadfully slow.

This was my first & last visit to Hyde's.