“Waste of Time and Money”

Pyramid Hill Sculpture Park
Ranked #1 of 18 things to do in Hamilton
More attraction details
Owner description: The beautiful natural setting may eclipse the art in this new park.
Reviewed August 18, 2013

After driving a good 40 minutes from our hotel in southeast Cincy and then spending $16 ($8/person) on this, I was really disappointed in the whole atmosphere of the park. It did not start well either with the person who we paid to drive into the park b/c I felt she couldn't have been less helpful. All she did was shove all sorts of papers / magazines at all and send us on our way. All we wanted to know is how to most people see the park - do they walk or drive, etc. She says it's up to you.

So we parked and then started walking to some of the sculptures. Let me tell you - they are pretty far apart so walking to all of them is NOT recommended. And to add to that, there isn't a walk way (paved) that goes to them. It was this rough grass/weeds. Then you had to find the exact sculpture number on one paper to find who designed it. To then look in another stack of papers to read about the sculptor.

We then got back into our car and started driving but that was hard, too b/c there was really no set 'path' to go on. You could never get close enough to the sculptures. They had a golf cart you can rent (for more money - which they don't tell you how much until you go into this building), but even the cart didn't get you to all the sculptures up close.

We ended up leaving rather quickly and were disappointed in the whole experience.

2  Thank JenniferLynn

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Spent the evening at an outdoor Cincinnati Arts Wave event here, including a tour of the founder's home by the owner, Mr. Harry Wilks himself. The outdoor modern sculpture park expects to be one of the best in the world. While I'm not a huge contemporary sculpture fan, the park is amazing. Mr. Wilks gave us a tour of his underground home - with a huge pyramind skylight (hence the name) - it's been featured in Architectural Digest - and it is simply amazing, with art everywhere. The living room itself is 2500 sq ft. Then we toured the Ancient Sculpture Museum which houses one of the finest collections of ancient sculpture in the Midwest - including Chicago. Worth the visit!

Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

This park is truly unique. Beautiful grounds and really cool art. They are in the process of expanding the park,which can only make it better. I've gone to the park during their September art show. High quality artists. I always end up buying something. There is also a museum on the grounds. I've not seen it yet, but I intend to. We also went to see their holiday lights. A bit expensive, but very cool.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

The sculptures are very interesting and diverse. The garden areas are exceptionally well maintained by area Master Gardeners. I was last there for the Christmas light display in December, and a lot of new additions had been made in the two years since I had previously visited. A new sculpture is now at the second entrance on Pyramid Hill Boulevard. I plan to get back for the Arts and Crafts annual festival in th fall.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Pyramid Hill is a must see for anyone traveling in the Hamilton, OH area. It is a beautful outdoor sculpture park perfect for a picnic or hike in the summer, with a magical holiday light display in the winter. A one of a kind outdoor sculpture park and museum which is a real asset to the southwestern Ohio area.