“Over priced for the value of the experience”

Pyramid Hill Sculpture Park
Ranked #1 of 19 things to do in Hamilton
More attraction details
Owner description: The beautiful natural setting may eclipse the art in this new park.
Reviewed January 31, 2013

This is a great place to go to see nature interact with art. However the admission price has kept me from EVER returning.

All reviews
"winter holiday"
"different areas"
"several hours"

Reviewed December 27, 2012

I grew up in Cincinnati, but now live in Texas. This is one of the places that when people ask what I would recommend, it is here and the zoo. This is a little off the beaten path, but well worth the effort. Not only is it for art lovers, but also if you just want to have a little fun. If you just stay in your car, you lose the magic of the place. There usually isn't anyone there if you go during the week in the middle of the day. This also gives you more freedom. It says not to touch the art but everyone does... It is amazing for photographers as well! We took our engagement photos here and always go for the lights at Christmas (one of the best in the city - but as it gets more popular, the price is rising...). Don't forget to take a picnic with you!

Reviewed December 16, 2012

We went to this park in December, so we didn't get out of our car. I was really expecting the sculptures to be much bigger and more impressive. I'd say 95% of the sculptures are post-modern style. In other words, they don't look like much of anything! O.k., many of them look like jumbles of metal, but I count that as not looking like much of anything! We had a laugh trying to imagine what the meaning of some of the sculptures could be, but I didn't find them enjoyable at all.

On the other hand, the ancient art museum was great! There are some very nice mosaics from Byzantine times, as well as numerous sculptures from ancient times, an Egyptian coffin with colorful hieroglyphics, and other items. The museum is small, but I enjoyed it.

I got my tickets half price online, and it may have been worth it at half price. It wouldn't have been worth paying full price, however.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Lots of lights but difficult to see a lot of them and thought the price was too high. Going to Holidays in Lights at Sharon Woods is much more bang for your buck.

5  Thank Egoldy12