“A lovely little spot.”

Ranked #7 of 7 Coffee & Tea in Porlock
Bristol, United Kingdom
“A lovely little spot.”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

Exmoor is a hidden English gem. A beautiful mix of coastline, moorland and wooded valleys. Quintessentially English. After a stroll beside a steam or a romp over the hills what could be nicer than a cream tea. Set in a lovely little hamlet Horner Vale Tearooms hits the spot. Lovely tea and scones with clotted cream and jam. No thrills or gimmicks. Just a simple afternoon treat in a lovely setting. My mother stays at Dunster beach every August and I visit for the day with my young family. The day is always rounded off with a visit to Horner. I can't recommend it highly enough. I know my kids will be visiting with their children in years to come.

• Visited August 2014

Wiltshire
“Serendipity.”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

We were parched and looking for a waterhole when we came across the Horner Vale tearoom and what a surprise it was. An idyllic setting and a great cup of tea to be had.

Visited July 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Average”
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Scones tasted as if they were a couple of days old. Just enough cream for four scones. Did have home grown strawberries as well. Overall I have had better cream teas with in a few miles of here.

Bedford, United Kingdom
“Wonderful for a Ploughmans Lunch”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Sadly on our recent visit this Tearoom was closed but our previous visits have been good with fresh cheese and a wonderful salad fresh home made chutney and warm rolls. Always a place we must visit when in the area but this year we were there before they were open. Sad for us.

Visited April 2014
Dulverton, United Kingdom
“Beautiful home cooked food and great service”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Horner Vale Tea Garden, well what can I say? It is one of the most wonderful treasures hidden away in the heart of Somerset. From the delightful gardens and friendly service to sumptuous freshly made scones The lady's there always have a smile on their faces and very happy to help. Everyone is very welcome. I look forward to my earl grey tea and cake very much. I recommend their ploughman's it is healthy and the meat is good quality as well as their mature cheddar. I look forward to the summer and seeing them all again. Worth a visit and a great walks too. xx

• Visited August 2013