“My last review seemed to be deleted”
Review of The Royal Oak

The Royal Oak
Ranked #7 of 20 Restaurants in Porlock
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“My last review seemed to be deleted”
Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

I posted my review on here a few weeks ago I have popped back to see if any other customers had the same problems as I did and my review has gone! I didn't leave a good review and the reasons were that the staff and landlord are the rudest people I have ever met waiting over an hour for food is fine but this was beyond a joke DO NOT VISIT THIS PUB!! even more so if the rude spikey haired women is working!!!

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank VentureTravels

“Hasn't changed in 8 years”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

We went back to the Royal Oak last weekend after a 3 year break and found nothing has changed. The service is still terrible the barmaid with spikey hair must have graduated from university with honers in " I will ruin your life with one short glare". She is so rude and always backed by her father, the landlord. On the night we were there the pub was void of locals and I now understand why.The food was fresh; just before it was sold to Iceland stores, the ales although varied are past the best probaly because not enough is sold. Overall if you want a nice meal, decent ale and pleasant atmosphere in a dog friendly place in Porlock go to the Ship Inn. The Oak "is the only pub in Porlock" because the other drinking premisies are INNS,,,,simples, play on words. Try getting overnight accomadation in the oak,more chance of decent service

Visited May 2014
3 Thank Dave S
Bournemouth
“Party of 15 for a get together”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Food good service good and friendly,take your children and your dogs.good variety of food send yes you can play poole and darts

Visited May 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Digestible grub in cosy setting”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Having walked all day from Lynmouth we were tired and fatigued and settled for a quick and cheap option for dinner. The setting is cosy enough and while it looks a tad tatty it can't be faulted too much. The food really is just average pub grub that won't set the tastebuds alight or push any culinary boundaries. Portion sizes are resonable, staff are friendly enough, dogs abound here. Overall it's ok but I iamgine there'd be better elsewhere.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank JaFooley
doncaster
“Nice for a bar meal”
Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

To be honest I wasn't really bothered with eating here but we couldn't get into the restaurant we wanted . The staff were very friendly and the food was tasty!

1 Thank shazwri