I cannot rate the Culbone highly enough! We rented all 5 rooms for two nights and arrived with four families including young children, babies, and dogs. Every possible need was met from washing baby bottles to providing children's meals at odd times. The staff were all extremely friendly and very patient. The rooms are comfortable and well equipped, the food was of excellent quality and superbly prepared. The surrounding countryside is stunningly beautiful and we did some wonderful walks, particularly down to the historic Culbone Church. In terms of being able to relax, and feel at home, I dont think we've found a rival to the Culbone. The only fly in the ointment was a lack of a bath for the babies but, with creative use of the shower, we were able to improvise!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Alex and myself Annette, have recently taken over the Culbone Stables Inn on Exmoor. It is situated on the A39 between Porlock and Lynton in the idyllic heart of Exmoor. Our Inn and gardens are in a beautiful setting and have exceptional views across the valley of Coombe. Our aim has been to renovate the restaurant back to a welcome, friendly Country Inn/pub. Our menu is traditional pub fare, at reasonable prices, using local produce. We welcome walkers, cyclists, families and dogs. We have 5 on suite bedrooms. 2 are opposite each other (one twin, one double) with their own landing and would be perfect for families. Room 1 has its own private patio, with stunning views. Our motto is , anything you want, just ask. We might not be able to fulfil some requests but there's no harm in asking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Culbone Stables Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Culbone Stables Hotel Porlock
- The Culbone Stables Inn Porlock, England