“Great hotel with huge rooms but does feel very dated”

The Walnut Tree Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in North Petherton
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night on business based on reviews. The staff were lovely and very helpful. Rooms were imaculate and clean but the whole place had a very dated feel like from the 70's. Internet access was very good and it was quiet.

• Stayed: October 2013

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We went there several months ago with a large family group including two coeliacs and my 92 year old gran. They bent over backwards to make sure my gran was comfortable and had everything she needed. They had a good understanding of gluten free food and avoidance of cross-contamination. We all had the roast which was very good.

The service was excellent too.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I have visited here several times as it is a convenient point to meet friends and family. The hotel has an old fashioned service and food is always cooked to order.

We met there on Thursday evening and unfortunately, it was very busy and the management had underestimated how busy it would be. Consequently, it ended with us being very hungry and waiting longer than usual. However, as normal we received excellent food and apologies from the head waiter. Love it here.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 7, 2013

What a great hotel, not only was the room immaculate the staff were so helpful. This was the first time I had stayed away alone and was a bit nervous, however the restaurant were very accomodating letting me order my food from the room and even offered to bring it up for me but I thought I needed to get out a bit! Excellent service, food was good (if I had to pick at anything the desserts could do with a bit more variety but I do have a sweet tooth!). Would definately recommend this hotel to anybody, just thought was worth noting the extra service and security I felt as somebody travelling alonw - I will definately be back!!

Room Tip: Although I was only booked into a standard room I was upgraded as it was a quieter time to an exec r...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night on business. The Walnut Tree seems to be a privately owned hotel, not part of a chain. I had a great and very large room on the first floor. The hotel is traditional in style, the furnishings are not in the latest "hotel Style", more like the 80s/90s style, but that is not to say that the place is not well maintained and clean, I don't mean to imply that the place looked "tired", it didn't. Had a lovely meal in the restaurant, well cooked food, goos sized portions, in fact, I couldn't finish the cheeseboard (unusual for me) The restaurant also seems popular with locals just coming for a meal - always a good sign! The breakfast the next morning was excellent - I have rarely seen a better choice on the menu - not even at 5 star hotels. Most enjoyable stay - I would definitely stay there again if I need to be in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Very nice country hotel with varied lunch menu. Food was well cooked and presented. Friendly and helpful bar staff. Close to junction 24 M5 and located in pleasant small town. Well worth a visit - said to do an excellent Sunday lunch

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Breakfast was Fantastic, Plenty of choice with fresh fruit, cereals, croissants and preserves and a range of fruit juices, tea and coffee and cooked breakfast with the usual fried bread, hash brown etc eggs to your liking and must say the scrambled egg was particularly good, will definitely call again when around the area

• Stayed: August 2013
Holiday Inn Express Taunton M5, Jct.25
The Castle at Taunton
The Castle at Taunton
#6 of 17 in Taunton

Been to The Walnut Tree Hotel? Share your experiences!