All reviewsthe pubchoice of real alesbeautiful villagefried breadsouth somersetstayed here for nightsgood nights sleepweddingcharacterfulcrewkernegrahamaccommodationpubs
Reviewed May 12, 2012

we visited and stayed at the Manor Arms north oerrott last weekend and it was fabulous. The staff were so friendly and culd not d enough for you -t he room was lovely clean and warm anl very cozy - but the food was out of this world - we have never ever had such a lovely steak ever and the quality of everything one the menu was excellent. We cannot wait to go back and s soon as we have a free weekend we will be there for sure.
Excellent Food
Excellent B & B
and Excellent service by excellet staff

One of the best places we have ever stayed.

Helen and Michael Dacruz - Cardiff

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank helen d
lizn732, Owner at The Manor Arms, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2012

Helen & Michael, Thank you so much for your kind words. I don't think I met you personally but the girls told me at the time how much you had enjoyed your stay. It is so rewarding for us all that you took time out to express your thoughts on a public site like this. We look forward to welcoming you again and please introduce yourselves to either Graham or myself. If you have any spare time over the Jubilee Holiday we have a grand selection of events happening. See our website for details.

Reviewed November 1, 2011

We have just come back from a very pleasant stay in this old Inn.
We stayed a few years ago when it was privately owned, and enjoyed it very much. Sadly our next stay was not good the pub had been sold to a pub company Smelt of smoke etc.
Now though the pub has been bought by private owners again, who are trying very hard. Our rooms were clean and cosy. We ate in the restaurant and the food was delicious.
We will definately go back.

We will definately

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
lizn732, Owner at The Manor Arms, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2011

Thank you for your kind comments - much appreciated. We are working hard at getting our lovely village pub back to the high ranking it used to enjoy. (Unfortunately it fell into the hands of a "managed chain " - which did nothing but harm to its reputation) IF you and your family had an enjoyable stay with us, then please urge your friends to come and see us as we need all our customers back and lots of new ones!

Reviewed September 16, 2011

Stopped here on a trip initially just for lunch but after exploring the area ended up staying the night. Traditional pub with good hearty pub grub at reasonable prices. Room was a little dated but adequate for the price. Everything worked and was clean. Good cooked breakfast included served by the chef (Julie?) who was pleasant and chatty. Sadly it seems like I was the only guest which might explain the for sale sign outside....

Room Tip: Stayed in the annex behind the pub. Quiet and away from the road.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank SeriesIII
Reviewed September 3, 2009

After having read the reviews on here about the Manor Arms, I was looking forward to a stay with my boyfriend and other friends. Unfortunately, we seemed to have been allocated the worst room in the place, despite us staying 2 nights and our friends just the one. the bedroom was also directly above the bar which kept going until at least middnight on a Sunday!! The double bed was tiny and horrifically uncomfy - wedged up on wooden blocks. My partner and I both came away with bad backs after 2 nights. The bathroom had 2 suspicious brown stains on the floor which came off with water and toilet paper, however the shower was powerful and clean. The room itself was tiny where other rooms were much bigger and had 4 poster beds... Breakfast was average as was dinner, my prawns were fried to within an inch of their lives, but the service was good so I hadn't the heart to send it back. I don't know what else to say - all in all, disappointing and won't be going back despite the cheap price tag.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Torifer
Reviewed November 29, 2008

Dinner very good. Breakfast adequate. At least 7 well kept real ales. Lovely inn as has been mentioned. Room basic but excellent for the money.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple