All reviewsraw foodweight lossyoga classeshealthy eatingjuice fastinglife changingcalm feelingblood sugarlovely groupeating habitsholistic approachlost lbsother guestsmorning and eveningspent a weekwellington roomcommunal areas
Reviewed November 8, 2017

What can I say about my stay at Amchara?
Firstly, I left feeling revived and re-energised after a 4 night mid-week stay doing a juice detox.
This are for so many reasons which all go to make Amchara a worth while visit...
The grand country house offered a comfortable, clean room in which to rest.
The grounds and surrounding countryside are very attractive and the terrace is a great place to unwind with your juices!
Speaking of which, they are AMAZING. Not only are they incredibly nutritious but super tasty too.
And the food that is introduced as you prepare to leave also tastes great and is well thought out.
You can just do your own thing or take up a wide variety of treatments.
There are talks available too.
I went on an excellent one by Anna Middleton about "Cellular Health".
It was straight forward and informative and as a result, I am now taking a daily supplement of Spirulina to keep my cells happy!
That talk also encouraged me to have another go at food combining which I feel is helping me get to a healthy weight!
The team that were on duty during my stay were fantastic- knowledgeable, professional and warm hearted.
A wonderful experience and a gift in so many ways... I could have stayed longer!

3  Thank sarah m
Reviewed November 7, 2017

This is not a cheap place to stay and cancellation penalties are inclined to be on the harsh side; neither is it going to be easy for you - but then that is why you are looking to stay here. Once you have given your personal details and stated your objective (to loose weight to give up drinking etc., etc.,) the staff here will discuss your personal plan with you, your preferences and any treatments that you would like to purchase (over and above the base price - as is eating!!). I stayed from Friday through the weekend to Monday and found that the shock of minimalist eating was only just beginning to wear off as I left. Once you are through that period and you start to feel better you are through the worst.

The staff at this establishment are really the jewel in the crown. They are friendly, caring and knowledgeable and, within minutes of your arrival, each of them has committed your name to memory, greeting you whenever they meet you and remembering your likes and dislikes.

Visiting lecturers (the ones that I encountered) were exceedingly interesting, informative and, this time, free of charge to all. In particular, for me, Malcolm, lecturing in psychoanalysis of the human brain, had a very approachable manner and engaging delivery. At the end of 1 hour one was left wanting to know more - The sign of a good speaker think.

The one thing lacking, I found, and the icing on the cake would be, to offer finishing clients survival techniques for their particular problem in the the world they are returning to. It is one thing to loose 6 lbs from Friday through to Monday (reader I did!) but it is quite another to maintain or continue to loose weight or resist drink in the face of secular temptations; which brings me to my final point. If you do decide to stay here, arrive by train and get a taxi (£25 each way, specially negotiated rate for Amchara clients). This place is, fortuitously, set in a fairly remote spot where if you have car you might well be tempted to nip out for a cheese sandwich or a swift pint at the Dog & Duck in a local village! Without the car you are virtually captive; and that's what you want, Isn't it ? :-))

Stayed: November 2017
Reviewed November 7, 2017

I arrived feeling exhausted and stressed and after only 3 days of nurturing from all the amazing staff.
I left feeling energised and able to move forwards and tackle all the curved balls that everyday life to day life can throw at you.

I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed October 30, 2017

I had a really amazing week!
Totally relaxing and reinvigorating. I learnt so much and was so excited to get home and put my new found knowledge to good use.

The hotel was really relaxed and i felt totally comfortable. The juices and any food i ate was delicious, the massages were heavenly.

it was a very laid-back environment which suited me perfectly and i couldn't fault my stay.

Room Tip: the rooms are very homely and comforting
Reviewed October 20, 2017

I am so glad that when I googled Yoga/Detox, it brought up Amchara near the top. I stayed there for 7 days and enjoyed every minute of it: yoga twice a day, informative talks and films, food preparation demonstration, beautiful setting, lots of opportunity for walks and lots of banter with the other residents. I did lose weight, I did learn a lot about our digestive system and what happens to what we put into our bodies. I will definitely be going back again. The staff are super-professional, very caring and cannot do enough for you to make your stay comfortable and beneficial.

Room Tip: A room, after all, is just to sleep and chill out in A room is mainly to sleep, get quiet time, maybe sharing a room wouldn't be best.