All reviews raw food weight loss yoga classes healthy eating juice fasting life changing calm feeling blood sugar lovely group eating habits holistic approach lost lbs other guests spent a week morning and evening wellington room communal areas
Reviewed September 13, 2017

I recently spent 5 nights at Amchara, and I learnt a lot about my personal health status and was facinated by the impact of balanced nutrition can have on the body.
The staff are amazing all of whom were prepared to go the extra mile in terms of care and attention. The evironment is perfect for reflection on lifestyle, in a lovely country house where you feel part of a houseparty with other delightful guests.
The food is very different, beautiful presented by 2 talented chefs.
I was so impressed I have just booked a much longer stay.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fran344
Reviewed September 9, 2017

Excellent retreat which enables you to totally switch off from the daily grind! Very helpful staff who are eager to help with your goals-lots of different goals including weight loss, stress management, saw eating etc. Beautiful setting , set in woodlands so plenty of nearby walks. Wellington & Taunton are close by but majority of people stay in the hotel. Lots of talks etc however you can participate as much or as little as you want. Very relaxed atmosphere and many are repeat visitors - I left with a new found vigour and would recommend to anyone seeking a reboot!

1  Thank mcfman2003
Reviewed September 5, 2017

This was one of the best things I have done for my health. It is a beautiful old mansion house in the countryside and so peaceful both inside and out. The staff were lovely, looked after everyone individually and meals were made for each person's needs. The juices, smoothies and meals were amazing. The day was full of yoga, meditation, walks, talks, films in front of roaring fires. All of which you could do or not do so there was plenty of opportunity for quiet time on your own if that was your preference. I came away energised, virtually pain-free and feeling happier than I had felt in ages. It was a truly wonderful experience.

Reviewed September 4, 2017

I spent 3 days at Amchara and I've had the most amazing experience at the retreat. It's a perfect place to be no matter what your goals are, as the programme is so perfectly tailored to your own personal needs. It's the most relaxing, friendly place and the team are very friendly and knowledgeable and will support you throughout your journey. Highly recommended!

Reviewed August 29, 2017

This was my first retreat and after settling in I slept like a log on the first night stretched out on a big four poster bed.
It was easy getting used to how things worked and I felt very much at home.
It felt good just to 'go with the flow' and the staff looked after everyone on an individual basis. The talks and videos were very educational and more interesting that I thought they'd be! I particularly liked the access to spacious communal areas and the grounds, especially the rose garden, all so peaceful.
The yoga and meditation with Wendy was enjoyable and the extra treatments I had to treat myself were the best ever! Thank you, Suzie and Joy not forgetting Ally. Overall, it's a great place to enjoy some tranquility and there was no pressure to do anything except fast well and relax in a comfortable environment.

Room Tip: All the rooms had some kind of a view