“Terrible”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Langford Budville
Amchara Health Retreat
London, United Kingdom
“Terrible”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I recently had terrible experience with this retreat. I actually decided to go there seeing their impressive line-up of recommendations. However, when I got there, it was a shabby house. My room was filthy, full of dust and cobwebs, the heating didn't work - the list can go on forever. Above all, the retreat treated my situation carelessly (although they were informed about it prior to the booking), ending up unable to deliver the detox program they sold me.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
15 Thank Lena E

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Kabul
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I took the plunge and went on a 7 day retreat over 2014 new years. Detox was never going to be easy, but the lovely surroundings, company and helpful staff really made the journey worthwhile and enjoyable. Food demo was great, as were the walks in the countryside. And a lovely open fire. Next step is to keep it up, but I would certainly recommend the experience. Even my choice of a shared room (with someone who was a stranger) so that I could save some money worked out well.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Lidilou
Benfleet, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Detox after Christmas,just what the doctor ordered!...or at least that's what they should have ordered. For years I have been ill and no antibiotic was helping me then after a 7 day detox at Amchara i feel amazing! all my niggling symptoms gone, my prescription unused so it seems even my ulcer has healed.My fiancée came (really as support for me) and we quickly realised how much she needed it too! If you immerse yourself into the program and really go for it the results are astounding! Weight loss a bonus (20 pounds in my case) but not the only reason you should try this,you learn so much and reach a place you never knew was there,so much energy! A big shout for Kirsty amazing natural doctor,if you lucky enough to have Kirsty on her shift when you stay then I recommend the health mentoring it really helps! But all the people were great at Amchara and I will be returning.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Croxley Green, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 3, 2013

This is a relatively new health retreat, and people come here for two main reasons: 1) to lose weight and 2) to try to reverse diabetes. It is run by Justin & Karen Williams with vitally important input from Rhaya Jordan (naturopath) who supervises the diabetes regime and Dr Nyjon Eccles, who visits the diabetics and casts a beady eye over blood tests etc. there are yoga and Tai Chi instructors, and massage and other therapies are also available. Those attending for weight loss will go on fasts, but the diabetics eat a diet of fresh raw food.
I spent 2 weeks tackling diabetes. After a few days I was able to cease medication altogether. Rhaya is simply tremendous in every way - knowledgable, sensitive, and constantly encouraging, while being blessed with a brilliant sense of humour. I was also happy with all the other therapists - they're all lovely people and really good at what they do. The building is quite lovely in a traditional way and breathes Victoriana, and the gardens are lovely too. You will enjoy walking in the surrounding countryside.
I could be picky and comment that my bathroom could do with an update, and there are one or two other matters that might feel a bit clunky, but any problems are handled promptly and with friendliness and it feels churlish to moan about anything when so much is great and perhaps even life-changing.

Room Tip: If you want a bright room, try for one at the front of the house. WiFi may be a bit haphazard.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
8 Thank Chrismusic01
Aberdeen
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Went for a detox and rest for 2 weeks. Lost 12.0Kg in those two weeks and met some wonderful people, both other guest and staff.

I would say - excellent, wonderful and smiling, helpful, knowledgeable staff. Recommend it to all. Amchra, BIG Thank You.

Home now and still following you advice and its working.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank AlexM618
Lancs
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We booked Bindon House for a 40th birthday party fri - monday with 22 guests. All I can say is that everything was perfect from the house and grounds to the staff. Lyn (the Manager) was extremely helpful even before we came and helped us organise everything. Matt and Alex was great serving and hosting etc and gave us the right amount of attention letting us get on with the party but being there when needed.
Nothing was too much trouble.
The rooms were all of a good standard and had everything we needed. We had all of our meals cooked for us by Mike who kept up the experience to the highest level.
I can highly recommend Bindon House and we are already looking to the next time we can come to stay (hopefully Christmas 2013)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Alex-james40
Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The house was just wonderful for a houseparty of about 30 people. There were plenty of rooms and facilities which meant that everyone was able to relax, play sport, or just generally enjoy the ambience of the place. The staff were very helpful and supportive.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
The Old Dairy at Bishops Barton
Exmoor Gate Lodges
Exmoor Gate Lodges
#2 of 4 in Waterrow

Been to Amchara Health Retreat? Share your experiences!