“Amazing food”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We were staying nearby in holford and stumbled upon the pub when looking for the beach. What a fantastic find it was. The garden was great for my 3 year old son. But by far the asset of this pub was the food, I am from Birmingham and have to seek hard for the country pub with great food and would consider myself an expert at it. I guess what I am trying to say is the food here was exceptional, presentation was not Michelin but the quality was perfect, I had the steak which was perfectly cooked but my wife's which for me was the show stopper, she had the pork tenderloin, it was beautifully tender and flavour was amazing, especially as I am used to mass produced tough pork from brum, it was even very slightly pink which might scare some people, but pork can be eaten this way and was the better for it. Prices circa £14 per main which is pretty average. The childrens sausage and mash again was just perfect, sausages were beautifully sweet and flavoursome, my little bit was spoilt. As far as ales and things like that I can't say but for me the food was a winner . The landlord John introduced himself and was more than helpful, he really seemed interested, for this I would definitely go back.

There are newer reviews for The Hood Arms

Reviewed April 7, 2013

if you are looking for a traditional pub with great food, great atmosphere, friendly people that also welcomes walkers and is very dog friendly, this is for you, we loved it we went walking on the beach and then over the cliff tops with pooch and arrived back at the hood for lunch,we were welcomed by a big fire, friendly staff . great food and the landlord John who has umpteen dogs ( not kept at the pub). if John is there speak to him, he gave us some fantastic advice on walks across the quantox(which we took ,thanks john that was a proper yomp, but you will never meet a more dog friendly landlord, i loved everything about this pub my only issue was my cottage wasn't in walking distance to it,you will be missing a gem if you dont at least stop for lunch here, personally next time im booking a room for the week.

1  Thank weemanKent
Reviewed April 3, 2013

A good old fashioned pub, they also have a good menu, the food has always been of high quality and great value. It also has a great atmosphere and friendly staff

1  Thank VivB913