All reviewscauliflower cheesesunday lunchlemon possetthe pubopening nightperfect eveningthe sticky toffee puddingaranciniexcellent roastsuperb food and serviceamazing pubstaying nearbylamb rumpfish and chipssuperb mealexcellent menumajor refurbishment
Reviewed October 9, 2017

We were passing the door and needed some sustenance after a long drive and picked this pub (almost) at random. What a find! Clearly only recently refurbished and re-launched under new ownership and enthusiasm, we only wanted a quick snack. The welcome was delightful and although they were due to be fully booked, we were readily and warmly welcomed. We only had starters and a drink each. But wow! The special starter of the day was Arancini duck balls. Absolutely world class. As was the home made chicken liver pate. We will definitely return to give the gastronomic experience the time and attention it definitely deserves. And in the meantime have already recommended the venue to two sets of friends in the area. A very special place.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2017

Disregard any reviews of this pub before spring 2017 as this is a pub reborn! We were not staying here but managed to squeeze in for Sunday lunch after a delightful walk on the Quantock hills. We were welcomed, offered good beer and an excellent roast lunch (massive yorkshire puddings, large portions of beef, sausages wrapped in bacon, very cheesy cauliflower ...) and not expensive. We really felt at home here thanks to cheerful staff and a great atmosphere. I'd suggest they reduce the queues at the bar by encouraging folks to take their seats before ordering, but that's the only fault I could find in this splendid pub. Best pub for miles!

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank Duncan G
Reviewed October 8, 2017 via mobile

I booked to stay here to attend a friends celebration in the village and to say I was pleasantly surprised is an understatement. The new owners and staff here are very friendly and welcoming even though I booked in during a busy Saturday lunchtime, which became a friendly joke between us all. The owners have gone above and beyond in making this pub into a very homely place to stay for all guest. Unfortunately I didn’t get a chance to sample the restaurant food but from what I observed whilst propping up the bar it looked to be very good and the restaurant was extremely busy which is always a good sign. The bedroom was very spacious and the Hypnos bed was extremely comfortable, even the sound of traffic didn’t disturb me much. The breakfast was very filling too. I would recommend The Hood Arms as a great place to stay, just make sure you check in at the preferred time or Tracy might be displeased

Stayed: October 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed October 7, 2017 via mobile

Stopped off for lunch; great welcome when going into the pub quickly seated great food good service very clean and tidy. very staff and good knowledge off menu Definitely worth a visit.
The ploughnans was delicious and one of the best I've had!!!....looking forward to our next visit!!!

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 6, 2017 via mobile

Wow. We have consistently had the best food each time we have eaten at this pretty country pub. Incredible steaks dripping in garlic butter, huge homemade burgers - including a vegetarian option, and high end restaurant quality specials. Good hearty well cooked food, presented beautifully. The pub has undergone a renovation and is comfortable without being stuffy, with pretty chintz curtains and lots of stripped wood. Love the fact that the locals still drop in for a pint despite it being a pub restaurant. If it had an open fire (I suspect it's just not been cold enough yet as there are two fireplaces) then it really would tick all the boxes for a five star experience. Definitely worth travelling to for lunch or supper - or make a day of it with a walk on the beach or hill. Well done guys!

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family