All reviewscauliflower cheesesunday lunchlemon possetthe pubopening nightperfect eveningthe sticky toffee puddingaranciniexcellent roastamazing pubstaying nearbyfish and chipslamb rumpexcellent menumajor refurbishmentpresented beautifullydecorated to a very high standard
Reviewed September 19, 2017

Went with 4 well presented transgender friends for a meal last friday night and was told they were fully booked even tho the place seemed half empty. Hmmmm, little choice but to leave and try somewhere else. once outside we wondered if it was true or not so rang and asked if they could fit a party of six in. Sure enough they could in barely 20 mins. so we booked but never turned up. instead we went into watchet where we had a nice meal and were treated with respect and courtesy by the owner who clearly was not bigotted. Sorry/not sorry new owners of the Hood you won't be getting my money which is as good as anyone else's nor that of my friends. comes as a bit of a shock that such bigotry is alive and well in 21st century britain.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with friends
3  Thank skindwli
Reviewed September 19, 2017 via mobile

If you are in Somerset or a close county,
take the time to visit Kilve, there you will
find the Hood Arms, run by 2 brothers and their wives, the first meal my wife and I had was the stacked burger and we both agreed it definitely was the best burger we have eaten, the starter was sticky prawns and now that will be something I will have a go at making myself at home, we then booked a table for the Sunday roast and again, not disappointed, if we lived there we would go every Sunday for that meal, the meat whether it was beef,
pork or turkey was all melt in the mouth, the cauliflower cheese was to die for and the veg' was crisp with all the flavour, our other meal we tried was pan fried salmon with a black olive and tomato sauce, absolutely beautiful and again something to try myself at home, lastly the desserts, my favourite on any menu is the sticky toffee pudding and this one was the best,
it was topped with caramelized banana and had a thick sauce, my wife had toblerone cheesecake and in her words,
"Soooo good".
The atmosphere was great, if you wanted Sunday roast it would be wise to book a table in advance as the place is packed.
The staff are all very friendly and helpful and made you feel at home, the prices were very reasonable for the meals and I am sure you will not be disappointed on any of the meals they have on the menu.
We are from the East coast and we will definitely be going back there again in the future.

1  Thank Sidney L
Reviewed September 17, 2017 via mobile

Have just returned from a weekend break with my family to this recently renovated Inn. The rooms are well appointed with extremely comfortable Hypnos beds. We enjoyed a fine breakfast followed by a walk up onto the Quantocks and down to the beach fossil hunting. The evening dinner was great. I particularly enjoyed my goats cheese starter and my husband says his lamb special was excellent. We also had Sunday lunch with scrummy cauliflower cheese! Highly recommended all in all.

1  Thank Melanie R
Reviewed September 17, 2017

Visited Thursday 14th sept for dinner with husband and son, my son is vegan so was very dissapointed that there was nothing on the menu he could eat, not even a veggie burger. I wanted to leave and find another place to eat, but as we had booked a table and my son doesn't like to make a fuss we stayed, my son had bread and oil for starter and a plate of chips for main, there was sorbet on the menu for dessert but was informed this was no longer available. In this day and age I am suprised there was nothing vegan on the menu.

Reviewed September 15, 2017

The food speaks for itself I stayed two nights at the Hoods arms and by 6.30 pm every table was full of happy statisfied customers that knew they were going to enjoy fresh ingredients high quality food with presentation that warranted master chef.
And for the people that enjoy good portions you will not be disappointed.
The rooms are of high standards and plush with every need catered for. , The breakfast was quality local sourced ingredients and above and beyond with every need catered for.
To the extent I didn't need to eat all day but was glad they could fit me in each night for dinner.
My sister who struggles usually perfering gluten-free vegetarian food couldn't speak highly enough of the meal and choice on the menu.
And myself the steak and lamb the best in a long time AMAZING.
And lastly the customer service and genuine friendly owners and staff that work for the Hoods arms is to be applauded.
I would recommend this establishment to anyone that wants to be spoilt.

Room Tip: Book as soon as possible rooms are excellent
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family