“Clean and comfortable and cheap”

Premier Inn Frome Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Frome
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We stayed on Christmas night and it was a great comfortable sleep for myself, partner and 2 kids. The breakfast staff were especially helpful and friendly...would stay again and its reasonably priced.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,291)

Reviewed December 29, 2012

This location is great and the staff excellent. Room comfortable. Error with our meal was quickly resolved and error properly acknowledged by staff.
Breakfast really enjoyed the porridge and fruit. Well done Frome

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We stay here every time we go to longleat. It's clean, the staff are friendly, standard premier Inn, i.e. good quality at a low price.

There is a restaurant/pub attached - table table brand. Good quality food which is standard at all their restaurants but you can get a bit of hit and miss depending upon the 'chef' on duty. Our food was fine but our little ones meal was a bit of a state, chicken pieces swimming in a sea of bean juice and the mash was nearly solid, the waiter looked a little embarrassed to put it on the table but our little one is not quite two, she ate the bits she wanted, didn't complain and then had an ice cream, shich she enjoyed.

The breakfast was good, different to usual premier inns because the hot food was cooked to order. I find premier inn breakfasts a bit of a pain because you either have to have everything or continental when I would rather choose from a menu and just get what i want at a lower cost. If you only want beans on toast £8.50 is a lot to pay but if you want to 'eat all you can' then i guess it's reasonable? Kids eat free.

There is an Asda about 5 mins drive if you need anything and longleat is 10-15 mins drive.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

I booked for my mother and I to stay at this Premier Inn over Christmas 2012 as my brother and his family (in a local town) hadn't the room to put us up overnight. As I booked early we got a great deal. Staff were helpful and friendly, rooms as expected - mine was particularly spacious and looked to have been recently refurbished. It was clean and warm, the bed was comfortable and I like the choice of tv/radio stations on the tv. I think the hallways had also recently been refurbished as we could smell new carpet! There are no frills (fancy toiletries, fridge etc) but that is expected at this price. We did not eat in the restaurant as we spent our time with family, so cannot comment on the quality of the food. I would definitley stay there again if there was no room at my brorther's inn!

1  Thank SussexMac
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We spent 3 nights at this accommodation and were very impressed with everything, except that my side of the bed squeaked. I reported the matter to the front desk who promised to sort it out. On our return that day we were told it had been dealt with. However, that night the bed still squeaked which was disappointing. My husband and I turned the mattress and bed base around so that the squeak was at the foot rather than at the head of the bed, but it was still there!! On our check out we were asked if everything was ok with our stay, at which point I said everything was perfect, except the issue of the squeaking bed. We were told that apparently the mattress HAD been replaced on day one, however, when I explained that it was the bed base rather than the mattress the receptionist was very apologetic and promised to reimburse us in view of their 'Good night guarantee or your money back' policy. We were somewhat gobsmacked when we were refunded all three nights but delighted that they were keeping true to their claims. We still find it strange that once replacing the mattress obviously nobody thought to check if the squeak had gone, or they would have found it still was present. Must say, despite the squeak, the bed was very comfortable and room very clean with all mod cons we needed.

We found the hotel and the attached restaurant very clean and comfortable, apart from having to wait an extraordinarily long time for a table (we were told it was because 3 staff members had reported in sick, but .....) and ended up having room service.

Would recommend this hotel and have been very pleased with the overall standard of all the Premier Inns we stayed in this trip.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 23, 2012

I have stayed in a number of Premier Inns and always had a comfortable bed, until now! The bed was hard and lumpy, we asked at reception in the morning if they were all the same and apparently they are as they have all recently been replaced. I guess I will put this down to experience, at least we got a refund because of the good night guarantee. I will not be staying at this Premier Inn again.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Whitbread-77, Naina - Social Media at Premier Inn Frome Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Thank you for your review.

At Premier Inn our main objective remains to deliver a high level of customer service in all our establishments. We apologise for the service you experienced at our hotel.

Your comments have been noted and will be duly investigated by both Head Office and the Management Team at our hotel.

Please be assured at Premier Inn we take the service provided to all our guests very seriously and your feedback will be duly followed up.

Once again thank you for taking the time to review your stay we do hope that we can welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Naina

Online Customer Service Team,
Whitbread Hotels & Restaurants.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Good clean, comfortable rooms just what you expect from Premier Inn. Restuarant next door is completely different matter. We opted for dinner on first night stay due to lateness of arrival. Table booked ok online, when arrived seated in bar area next to large group, after sitting for couple of minutes decided this wasn't for us and asked to move. Manager came over (clearly overworked) and stated why didn't we just ask when before we sat down, almost as if it was a hassle for us to move, the restuarant wasn't completely packed out so little surprised by her comments. Anyway onto the drinks, no ice, not told this before ordering our cider only when the drinks came to the table, little annoyed to be told ice machine packed up, there is a supermarket less than 10 minutes away surely on a Friday night someone would have some common sense to nip out and get bagged ice? Anyway so we ended up with a warm bottle of wine, after being told this is the last one as the offer was so good, why not put it in the chiller then or stock up better if you're going to put on offers. Starter was ok, mixed for 2 mainly fried stuff. Husband ordered wrong fish and chips (there are 2 and waiter never checked which would have been handy as we didn;t see the second one that was called fish and chips!) Well it certainly wasn't fish and chips, flattened and overcooked. I have to say i had the ribs which were very good. It seems they need to take a little bit more care and attention to the details on the meal, no garnishing, food looks like it was chucked together.

Room Tip: Rooms as the back of the hotel have less road noise, not that there was much at the weekend