We stayed at the Knoll Hill Farm B&B on Tuesday 8th October. It's set on the outskirts of Trudoxhill, surrounded by farmland & plenty of animals. A very peaceful place allowing the dawn chorus to wake you & giving you the chance to walk to the breakfast room accompanied by the sound of chickens & cattle.
We were in Room 5 overlooking the courtyard. Our welcome from Sam was excellent & everything was explained clearly.
The room contained tea making facilities, TV, ironing board & iron, powerful hair dryer & all the usual toiletries in the ensuite bathroom.
Both the room & bathroom were very clean & the heating (a radiator in both rooms) was very efficient. The shower was amazing, plenty of hot water.
The velux windows in both rooms were a master stroke - plenty of light & privacy.
As for the four-poster bed - well, it was very comfy, the pillows were decent & plentiful, the sheets were soft & the duvet just the right level of Tog for the time of year.
We had the full English Breakfast - plenty of food, very well cooked - and it beat us both!
It was a late booking & was excellent value at £75 for a ensuite room with four-poster bed & a massive breakfast for two.
We only stayed for one night & at the start of October so we can't comment on what a lengthy stay during peak season would be like either in experience or price.
However, as a result of our stay, we would not hesitate to recommend the Knoll Hill Farm B&B to friends & family as it is a truly magical place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Under new ownership and extensively refurbished, we are proud to welcome you to Knoll Hill Farm - the place to stay. Family owned and run, it will feel like Home from Home. Unique luxury accommodation set in a beautiful courtyard behind Knoll Hill Farm’s Georgian Guesthouse, with some of the most wonderful views the West Country has to offer, ensure you a truly tranquil visit. All of this is complimented by our beauty and relaxation therapy room, offering a full range of treatments. With individually designed Double and Family rooms in both the house and courtyard, we know you’ll soon find a favourite you’ll want to return to time and time again. Whether a family on a visit to Longleat Safari Park, or a couple looking for a romantic hideaway having spent the day exploring historical Bath, we look forward to having you stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Book Direct Rooms, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your The Place To Stay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Place To Stay Hotel Frome
- The Place To Stay Frome, England