“Friendly staffed great pizzas”
Review of Eight Stony Street

Eight Stony Street
Ranked #44 of 113 Restaurants in Frome
Description: Eight Stony Street (formerly Stony Street House) is a multifunctional dining & drinking space across two floors with a coffee area, a beautiful wine bar and restaurant. We work with the best quality ingredients and believe in simple food done well. We have delicious small plates with fresh ingredients, sharing boards of local cheeses, charcuterie and sourdough pizzas from our wood fired oven. We also have a brunch menu on weekends. Perfect for all the family to enjoy including children and well behaved dogs too.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Excellent early evening meal. The Sourdough based pizzas were excellent. Very friendly and helpful staff.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (56)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This is the 2nd time we’ve eaten here and the 1st evening meal. We came here because of the location and we had got a good impression when we popped in for breakfast when visiting the Independent Market. We weren’t let down. Great atmosphere and full of diners even early on a Sunday evening. The service was great, very prompt and friendly. We had a selection of pizza and a sharing board which was reasonably priced and delicious.
We’ll be back!

1  Thank U4569ZImarkw
Reviewed September 6, 2019

This is my first review but we had such a bad time I just feel I have to say something. I generally try to be very forgiving and positive about restaurants but this was unusual.

Not everyone knows everyhthing about wine but I dont need to be laughed at and then scowled at by a guy who I was told was the owner. Frome is such a lovely place and this is just so pretentious. I had the seared yellow fin tuna which was completely overcooked and my friend had a really overcooked steak that was of rather meagre size for £14 (maybe I am out of touch as I have been in France for a while). But when we asked agian if it was cooked right a dismissive unpleasant reaction. My freind kept saying, so many better places in Frome What a let down and a ruined lunch.

Date of visit: August 2019
1  Thank Sadvid2010
Catherine S, Public Relations Manager at Eight Stony Street, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2019

Hi Sadvid2010,

We're sorry to hear that you had a bad experience. This does indeed sound unusual. Very very unusual. Please could you email hello@eightstonystreet.com with the date and time of this meal so we can get to the bottom of it? It would really be the best way to feedback. Our owner is known for being a kind gentle person so this picture does not feel right and again, the treatment by the service staff feels wholly out of character. We do hope to hear from you.

Kind regards,
Team Stony Street

Reviewed September 2, 2019 via mobile

8 Stony Street specialises in pizza, which is a bit of a shame if that's not what you're after! But the decor and need for food drew us in and we enjoyed a sharing platter as a light lunch. Fresh and light, no complaints. Service was good and friendly despite being busy with the monthly independent market. Seemed well managed by the two gents constantly running up and down stairs. Coffee was also great; decent decaf as well.

1  Thank Ms_Chissock
Reviewed August 26, 2019 via mobile

You can see the views of Catherine Hills, they have lovely blues music, so lightest perfect for the cloudy days and go out and is close to see the sun at Heaven Gate.

Date of visit: August 2019