“Excellent Food - Great Value”
Review of Imperial Court - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Imperial Court
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Westbury, United Kingdom
“Excellent Food - Great Value”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We came across this lovely chinese restaurant just a few weeks ago. We decided to go for the buffet menu - eat as much as you like priced at £14.99 per person. The food is prepared in the kitchen once you order and not served like a 'traditional' buffet arrangement. The staff are pleasant and the host very charming. The chinese food served to us was delughtful and extremely tasty. Served up with a couple of beers, we had an excellent evening - thank you Leong.

• Visited May 2012

Frome
“Under new management”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

The food in this restaurant is inexpensive and good value, but not very attractive from the exterior. Set on a roundabout on the approach to Frome it often looks untidy. I have eaten there twice and the new management is much better than the old. Look out for thje especial offers.

Visited April 2012
“Weekly treat!”
Reviewed June 22, 2012

We eat here weekly and regards to other reviews have never been ill! The owner is a lovely guy who always makes you feel welcome, food is great value for Money, although more expensive than a typical Chinese it's definitely value for money! We have never been dissatisfied with our food, company or service.

1 Thank Dicky86
Frome, United Kingdom
“Has improved since our last visit”
Reviewed April 25, 2012

The Imperial Court chinese restaurant is situated 5 miles or so out of Frome, not far from Nunney. In consequence we don't often go there. I reviewed it a couple of years ago and found it fading a bit in terms of atmosphere and décor. There was dust over the floor and litter in their car park. The food was OK though. Recently we thought we'd give it a go again and I now report that they have sorted out their litter and dust problems, and the food is still pretty good.

So – This restaurant has their own dedicated car park and you can expect to find a space. The interior remains interestingly decorated and makes an impact as you enter. The seating is pretty. The food was excellent. They seem to find different things and the quality is better than the average chinese. It's a bit more expensive than those in-town, but it's value for money and it's somewhere for special occasions. The service was fine. We had a good, tasty, relaxed meal.

Nunney Catch, Frome, BA11 4NX
01373 836836

• Visited March 2012
Wiltshire, United Kingdom
“Noral Virus - BEWARE!”
Reviewed March 14, 2012

I use to like this place, as it is on the old Little Chef site at Nunney Catch roundabout, next to the Petrol Station.
But after I took my sister and BIL to this place with my daughter and partner, I wouldn't recommend it.
My partner nearly died after eating there, i had very little of it, my daughter suffered a small amount of the Noral Virus, and of course my sister and BIL didnt eat much and so they weren't infected. LIke myself we are from the Asian background, so the Noral Virus doesn't effect us. But my Partner isnt, and I had to call the Dr out for him the next day as he couldnt even sit up in bed, he'd spent the night with his head down the toilet and was exhausted from wretching all night as not to mention the "other end" too! :(
The Dr diagnosed it was the Noral Virus and has asked where he'd likely to have picked it up.

I would like to point out, this restaurant has had alot of bad publicity over the years its been opened, and the majority of it is the company are using illegal imigrants to work for them. Its also been shut down by the authorities alot as well.
Where upon the Noral virus does not effect the Chinese population, it certainly effects others.
And since this bad experience, i cannot stipulate enough to people, beware of the Noral Virus, if you eat there.
Nice surroundings, very good staff, but unfortunately they dont speak english - not alot of good if you're feeding English people.
Prices are reasonable.
But as my sister said, its not chinese food, its food that has been adapted for English people to eat.(as the owner said) And as all chinese restaurants are like that over here, that is very disappointing.
Obviously they have some hygiene issues, and since this episode, I also heard alot of other people had jippy tummies....

Visited July 2011