“Fabulous food- you must eat here!”
Review of La Bisalta

La Bisalta
Ranked #16 of 101 Restaurants in Frome
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Opened in 1993, the Italian restaurant, La Bisalta, named after the mountain range that dwarfs the hometown of the owner and chef Luigi Violino, is situated in the heart of Frome. Surrounded by mature trees, the setting of La Bisalta feels almost rural. Easily identifiable by its covered canvas entrance and ivy clad upper storey, this genuine Italian restaurant offers a wide range of classic dishes. All dishes are cooked to order with fresh local ingredients by chef Luigi, who together with his wife Susan, has justifiably earned a far reaching reputation for excellent food and friendly service.
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

We visited this fantastic Italian restaurant in frome whilst visiting the area and after having an indifferent meal at a gastro pub the previous evening. Susan was a charming host and the restaurant was warm and friendly with an open fire and lots of room to sit and feel comfortable. My starter of ripe advocado with gorgonzola cheese and Luigi's special sauce was soo tasty and fresh. It reminded me what really good fresh food tastes like.My husband had prawns in hot olive oil with spinach it was also very tasty. My main was a lovely creamy, satisfying plate of salmon pasta. My husband had a steak Rosseni and did not want to finish eating it as it was so delicious,beautifully cooked piece of meat and accompanying veg. Then he was treated to a meingue delight and a latte coffee. We returned to our hotel sated and happy. Thanks to Susan and Luigi for a great night.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

This place is outstanding. We've driven past it for years and I have always looked longingly at the very attractive outside and wanted to go in. Finally we went there on a weekday evening. We didn't book because we thought that because we were early-6pm-we wouldn't have any worries about getting a table. However I think we were earlier than they liked to open as although they happily welcomed us in and seated us on a sofa with drinks, we did have a bit of a wait while they organised themselves for opening. We like to eat early so this is probably the only downside.

From this point on, everything was excellent. The restaurant is surprisingly large and goes through a long way to the rear of the building. The view from the back over the gardens is beautiful and would be a wonderful place to dine on balmy summer nights....they do have outside seating but it was raining during our visit. We had delicious food and excellent wine and thoroughly enjoyed both. I still dream about the exquisite Farfalle al Salmone....it was the best I've ever had! The service was attentive without being instrusive.

I can't wait to go back there again.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Would definitely recommend this restaurant! The food was freshly cooked and delicious.The restaurant is family run with the husband cooking and wife front of house. They catered for our children, cooking them great fresh pasta dishes. Everything from the food, to the wine, to the atmosphere was fabulous. We were made to feel as if we were guests invited to their house to dinner! A real find. Thank you for a great evening.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Last evening we eventually dined at La Bisalta. We had heard good reviews for years but hadn't got round to visiting, as we live nearer to Bath and have always been spoilt with its choice of restaurants. What a fabulous restaurant this is - the food is divine! It is like visiting family - genuine lovely Italian people who couldn't do enough for us. Thank you for a fabulous evening! We will return when we have time to spend a more leisurely evening!

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Sorry denisvine but I was also at la Bisalta on the same night as your party, and I don't agree with your comments.Having dined at the restaurant many times, this was the only time the evening was not a pleasant visit. I think this was due to having to listen to what can only be described as a cross between the kardashian family and Tim dim but nice, the unpleasant comments, the patronising remarks, and the giggling when being spoken to by the waiter, simply made the whole evening uncomfortable for the other diners. I don't think the la Bisalta is for you, if you want in and out, if you want service when you click your fingers, and you like colourful wall paper I can recommend a good Indian in the town centre.

3  Thank Helen S